Prognosticator's Game 2 (Seton Hall) Predictions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticator's Game 2 (Seton Hall) Predictions

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Seton Hall scored a bunch in their first 2 games, so we know they can score, but just lost to Albany. Albany is a solid mid-major who has made the NCAA's a time or 2 in recent memory, but not really a great game for the Hall.

I predicted UCONN would score a lot more than they did in game 1. I'm going on the higher side this time because I think/hope they settle in better for all 4 quarters.

UCONN 86
Seton Hall 54

Reaction Score
The second half of UMassLowell, reminds me of other non-UConn teams that get a big lead. They just coasted to victory. So until I see the old UConn mindset of burying teams, I don't think UConn's score will be very high. I see them up 20 in the first half and little increase in margin in the second half. UConn 72 - 50.

Reaction Score
I think the offense will be a bit more efficient in game 2. Team defense and switching may be better as well. I think the Hall shoots at a higher percentage then UML so I see a score of 90 to 65 for a 25 point MOV.

Reaction Score
So I read an article that SH was missing 2 starters and a regular contributor off the bench against Albany. Anyone know why and will they be playing Tuesday? That will influence my prediction.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
alot more <20 MOV's than I expected.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
So I read an article that SH was missing 2 starters and a regular contributor off the bench against Albany. Anyone know why and will they be playing Tuesday? That will influence my prediction.

I`ll go with 84-54 UConn.

Their center, Funeus, 6 '2", went down with an injury in their second game and "The Setonian" article indicates she might be out for the season. The talented Desiree Elmore from Connecticut was out with an ankle and is said to be day to day.

So with Funeus out, their tallest player is 6'1". And their guards are also small, although they seem to shoot it pretty well. So a likely game plan is to pound it inside on offense, get their no-so-big bigs in foul trouble, try and swarm the guards in the press with double teams they can`t see over, and guard the perimeter in the half court defense.

ONO and Edwards should be looking forward to this one.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Their center, Funeus, 6 '2", went down with an injury in their second game and "The Setonian" article indicates she might be out for the season. The talented Kiah Gillespie from Capital Prep was out with an ankle and is said to be day to day.

So with Funeus out, their tallest player is 6'1". And their guards are also small, although they seem to shoot it pretty well. So a likely game plan is to pound it inside on offense, get their no-so-big bigs in foul trouble, try and swarm the guards in the press with double teams the can`t see over, and guard the perimeter in the half court defense.

You guys sure this is the Big East??? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Their center, Funeus, 6 '2", went down with an injury in their second game and "The Setonian" article indicates she might be out for the season. The talented Kiah Gillespie from Capital Prep was out with an ankle and is said to be day to day.

So with Funeus out, their tallest player is 6'1". And their guards are also small, although they seem to shoot it pretty well. So a likely game plan is to pound it inside on offense, get their no-so-big bigs in foul trouble, try and swarm the guards in the press with double teams the can`t see over, and guard the perimeter in the half court defense.

Seems a lot like the UMass-Lowell strategy.... I hope we see a lot of Mir, Nika, and Aubrey hounding SH guards trying to get their shot off.

Reaction Score
Since this is only the 2nd game of the season (and there are so many new UConn players) - I am going with UConn 72- Seton Hall 62.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
What maturity in this group. No one has made anything of Andra Espinoza-Hunter. May the game end that way too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom