Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
UConn 73
Creighton 60

MOV = 13

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, the (ranked 17) Mens team screwed the pooch against Creighton (unranked) at XL center 59-55. Maybe some payback ?

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
What to say about this one...hmmm, Creighton has 10 players who have made threes this season with Rosnsiek, Jensen and Maly being legitimate 3 point threats. They average 73 points a game and give up 62 points on the defensive end. Defensively they can be disruptive forcing turnovers and scoring points of turnovers. They are not a great rebounding team but are capable of holding their own relying on their quickness rather than their size.

UConn on the other hand continues to be short the pieces they need in order to play to their potential. Dorka has emerged as a player you can depend on for 7-10 points per game and 6-8 rebounds per game. Dorka compliments Olivia quite well especially given the apparent slump that Edwards has been dealing with. Our three point shooting while has gotten a little more hopeful with the addition of Azzi to the line-up to give Caroline some help from long distance we are still down Bueckers whose playmaking decisions and low turnover ratio helps in our getting the ball to our shooters at the right spots at the right time. So, with Caroline and Azzi as our most prolific 3 point shooters we are like not going to be able to keep pace with Creighton's sharp shooters. With Evina, Christyn and Muhl's ability to take it into the paint and either deliver the ball to the bigs or to score on pull-ups and put backs being defended by the quickness of Creighton's players I worry that this part of the offense may be difficult to impose. Lastly, I am not optimistic on UConn's ability to get out in transition and to score easy baskets.

So where does this leave us for this game...without Dorka it has become more difficult to win...not impossible we still have very talented players and have the ability to dominate in the post as well as we have the players who can score if they play hard on defense and go after every loose ball. We must let our defense lead our offense. This will not be an easy game and I don't expect to see a text book pretty game either. It will be ugly at times....but I am going to go with:

An overtime win by UConn... 76 to 71

Reaction Score
I remember when this was a UConn fan board. Yes UConn this year without a clear leaser on the floor (except Nika) has tended to play down to their competition and up to the better teams (except Oregon due to a surprise loss of their current point leader). Uconn can and will keep Creighton's points below their average as the should as a good defending team and will rise to the occasion to rise above their own point average so should win "relatively" easily. UConn wins 82-63.

Reaction Score
I wish I knew who UConn will be suiting up? With that said, UConn can play a 4 guard lineup against the height-challenged Bluejays, unlike the first time these teams met.

UConn 73 - Creighton 62
If Dorka can't go, this could be fun. What really needs to happen is that Nika needs to stay on the floor and be effective, because when she can run the offense, it gets Azzi many more shots. When she can't execute well, like against Providence, and can't be on the floor because she was a liability, it forces E to run the point and the offense just doesn't move as well with her there. Azzi moves, but the ball doesn't and they can't get her shots. If we can get her looks tonight, she could have a big night.

Reaction Score
I remember when this was a UConn fan board. Yes UConn this year without a clear leaser on the floor (except Nika) has tended to play down to their competition and up to the better teams (except Oregon due to a surprise loss of their current point leader). Uconn can and will keep Creighton's points below their average as the should as a good defending team and will rise to the occasion to rise above their own point average so should win "relatively" easily. UConn wins 82-63.
Yes,this is a UConn board,but some are realistic and not living in the past glory. We got lucky and beat Creighton at home,but if we play the way we’re playing now at their HOME, we’re going to lose,

Reaction Score
Most ridiculous post on the board. So if you objectively look at this team and predict a loss you can’t be a fan?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom