Prognosticators Game 17 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 17

Reaction Score
I'm betting Geno will keep his word: gotta do something about the starters playing too many minutes. The only way that will happen is to give them PT. We don't need to win by 50 as much as we need more depth.
Let 'em play and learn Geno!

83 - 51, our gals.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Tulsa is 8-10 (2-3). Looking at their schedule, it doesn't appear they've played a ranked team yet. They've lost to some teams with low RPI's. Their last two losses were to ECU and Memphis, two teams that UConn soundly thrashed. The Golden Hurricane is no match for the Huskies. As Husky fanatic suggested, this one will be over early. I suspect Geno will take this opportunity to play the starters 20-25 minutes, and give the reserves the extended minutes he conceded to do during his post-game presser in Austin Monday. The reserves should have a large lead when they begin to substitute in. Based on Geno's comments, I see the reserves playing most of the 2nd half.

UConn 75 - Tulsa 48

Last edited by a moderator:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I will go 90-45. A straight 2 for 1. I think Geno will try ( or better I think he should try) to introduce the subs in groups with perhaps the first tier "Meg, Kyla and Mikayla for example" getting extended minutes in the 2nd quarter where there is a little more pressure to hopefully accelerate their development while Molly, Gordon and Batouly get extended minutes in the 4th quarter. Of course this depends on who is really 1st tier / 2nd tier based on practice.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Tough as always to come up with a MOV for these AAC games. I too see more early PT for the bench.

UConn wins 92 - 56

Reaction Score
94-44 Huskies
I have a different take on how Geno might use the subs differently this game. I envision Walker (and maybe others) playing with the starters as early as the end of the first quarter.
In a close game, Walker won't be on the court with Coombs and Irwin so why play them together now ? (The exception being at the end of a blow out)
I think it would be much more beneficial if at least Walker could play with 4 of the top 6 Huskies in this game. A lineup that might actually be necessary down the road.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
98 - 45 UConn with the subs starting to enter in the 2nd quarter. I believe the order will be Megan, Kyla, Mikayla, Molly, Batouly, and Gordon.

WestCoastPup

Eclipse
Reaction Score
98-44 good guys... focus will be on offence and generating quality looks out of ball movement. Defense to keep opponent under 40 ... likely to slip up a bit in 4th quarter.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
99-46, Big Dogs. This is an enormous step up-in-class for Tulsa, and even the reserves will overwhelm them.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Due to the closeness of the score, the starters have to play 38+ minutes each.
But near the end of the game MW comes in after 3 starters foul out. She makes the game winning shot from the 3 point line.

UConn 101
Tulsa 10

Reaction Score
You know what, Geno has a better record than 95% of us. So let the man coach! He has to have his reasons and he has proved it.

Reaction Score
Due to the closeness of the score, the starters have to play 38+ minutes each.
But near the end of the game MW comes in after 3 starters foul out. She makes the game winning shot from the 3 point line.

UConn 101
Tulsa 10
Scary as it sounds, you may be circling in on the score and MOV. Think about it, the starters are eager to show their skills and their defensive lockdown on a lesser opponent and the bench has been listening to both HCGA and the Boneyard about showing they are ready to contribute - at both ends. You sir will be recognized as a master prognosticator. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
You know what, Geno has a better record than 95% of us. So let the man coach! He has to have his reasons and he has proved it.

To satisfy my curiosity and for my edification, would you please identify the other 5%?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
What has he done lately? Won by less than 10. He hasn't a clue. Clearly Kyla was key and she played not a minute.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom