Prognosticators Game 12 (DePaul) Predictions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 12 (DePaul) Predictions

Reaction Score
UConn slowed it down last time they played so let's see if Depaul learned to swarm Liv on the post and take us out of that advantage like Arkansas did. UConn 87-78

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
UConn wins 89 - 64.

Liv plays well. Paige & Evina run the show. Nika has a big game.

Reaction Score
Doug tries to copy Arkansas' strategy and it almost works. UConn 94 Depaul 88

Reaction Score
UCONN 92 DePaul 89 PB ices it with 0:32 left with a three to go up 92-86.....

Reaction Score
Uconn 80 / Depaul 72 - Paige more assertive. Sailor makes an impressive debut.

Reaction Score
I guess the loss is on me. Sorry. Thought you guys had it covered. Guess you're just not very good at this.

Ok, being as it's 2020/2021 and everything is pretty messed up, seems it's about time for UCONN to break another record. Just like Arkansas, DePaul get's hot on 3's.

DePaul 86-79.
O ye of little faith. (smile) UConn 101- DePaul 72.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You're welcome.

Take A Bow Youre Welcome GIF

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
UConn 94
DePaul 68

I was close (100 - 67)

Since, I wasn't allowed to start a new thread for an analysis...I guess I will do it here.

This game should not be very competitive for a few reasons. One the last outing resulted in an (L) and that should get the competitive juices flowing. I believe upon reflection this team knows that this was a game they should have won. I know that Paige made a comment in the post game presser about it shouldn't take a loss for them to understand what the coaches have been telling them in practice. Correct

Olivia Nelson-Ododo will probably be like a woman possessed, a woman on a mission...I would look for a big bounce back game from her. Well maybe not a woman possessed...but 10 points, 1 block and 7 rebounds isn't bad...certainly better

Aubrey Griffin I don't believe she played in the last game...so all her production is on the plus side. Anne Makurat only had 2 points and 2 rebounds...so, her production won't be missed. Yep, Aubrey didn't play in the first game so her 10 points, 1 block and 8 rebounds is 8 more points and 6 more rebounds than what Anne Makurat gave us in the first DePaul game and Anne's production from game one was not missed

Aliyah Edwards fouled out of the last game...I would expect her to be very cognizant of her fouls this game and to use her size and strength to score and rebound. She had a pretty good game against DePaul last time out with 11 points and 5 rebounds...I would expect her to improve upon those numbers. Well, she didn't match her rebounds from her first outing with DePaul, but with both Aubrey and Olivia hitting the boards I am not surprised. And, she didn't improve upon her 11 points from the first game...but, she did only commit 2 fouls...this is a trend in the right direction.

I expect Evina, Nika and Mir to continue to build on their current progress. Monster game for Evina...12 points, 14 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 blocks and 1 steal...great all around game...we will just give her a pass on the 6 turnovers; Nika and Mir did in fact, continue to build on their emergence as good players off the bench.

Maybe Saylor gets a few garbage minutes at the end of the game...maybe not.

Called it...Saylor got in the game for the garbage minutes...got a couple of shots off.

UConn should dominate at every position. Correct

This DePaul team is only averaging 9 3 pointers per game. They hit 8 this game

They have missed the last two games due to COVID so they may be a little rusty during the first half...which would be an unfortunate happenstance for them as I expect UConn to be buzzing the first half due to their wanting to make amends for the loss in Arkansas. It seems, I had this one backwards...The first half DePaul hung in there and UConn struggled and the second half it was all UConn and DePaul faded. The long lay-off definitely affected DePaul

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
almost as a board number
Looks like you nipped me at the wire:

94 - 68 (7 point differential)
101 - 69 (3 point differential)

Good job...prognosticator of the evening award goes to....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom