Prognosticators Game 10 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 10

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Uconn wins 90-40

If the game is on ice UConn wins 7-1

Reaction Score
OK I'll play. Kia to get almost exactly 38 minutes to be taken out with 2:00 to go to get her deserved thunderous applause. She will also be high scorer with 26 pts as her teammates make sure she has as many opportunities as she desires. Because she playes well into quarter 4 the defense will hold the Dukes down to under 50 with a final 92-48. That is my prediction, eh?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Huskies by 90-65. I am risking annoying the mojo deities, but yeah.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kia lights it up with a 30+ game. UConn 96-70

Under the circumstances, do you think her teammates may "feed" or pass her the ball more than normal tonight? It would not surprise me if they did.

Last edited by a moderator:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Under the circumstances, do you think her teammates may "feed" her tonight? It would not surprise me if they did.

I don't think it is in UConns best interest to change how they play so I don't see that. 5 players all equally likely and able to take the shot. Taking what the defense gives us. More important to Kia I believe is to show the crowd the beauty of UConn ball.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Uconn 95-57.

Reaction Score
Duquesne isn't great, but we also haven't really hit our stride and suffer occasional lapses, especially on defense.

UConn 89-59 Duquesne

Last year I would have said something like 97-45.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I don't think it is in UConns best interest to change how they play so I don't see that. 5 players all equally likely and able to take the shot. Taking what the defense gives us. More important to Kia I believe is to show the crowd the beauty of UConn ball.

Agreed. When I said "feed", I was thinking feed as in look to pass her the ball if she's open tonight a little more than they would normally do. I was not suggesting that UConn change their play just for tonight for Kia. Perhaps "feed" was not the best word to use. I was not referring to the type of feeding Cheryl Miller's Riverside Poly HS team did in the early 80's, when she scored 105 points one night. That would be inappropriate, and outside the realm and style of play Geno wants and expects.

okedll-2miller.jpg

Miller's record has been eclipsed once (that I know of) since, probably more.

On Jan. 26, 1982, Cheryl Miller scored a remarkable 105 points in Riverside Poly’s 179-15 win over Riverside Norte Vista, setting a national record at the time. Miller’s national record was broken in 2006, when Epiphanny Prince of Murry Bergtraum High in New York scored 113 points. Miller’s point total remains a state record. Miller still is regarded by many experts to be the greatest female basketball player of all-time. In 2011, The Press-Enterprise and HSGameTime made a list of area high school records not likely to be broken. Miller’s 105-point performance ranked No. 1 on the list.

Over the next few days, Miller and her coach received a lot of angry letters (twitter and instagram had not been invented yet -Twitter founded on March 21, 2006 - Instagram = 2010) of protest from parents, fans, other local coaches and the media, concerning the way they completely disrespected and unabashedly blew out a school that clearly was not in their class from a competitive standpoint.

UConn 84 Duquesne 66 -
MOV 18

Last edited by a moderator:

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
A thorough and detailed analysis of unique difficulties this team will face and have to overcome - but if Geno and CD have been this successful in teaching players at UConn to convert scoring opportunities, surely they will be able to convert distance and time math as well.

I am wondering, however, if you’ve a little less faith in the scoring ability if this team - last year you always expected UConn to score around 150 points

Well they have lost the key senior from last year's team. There is also much more parity in WCBB this year. Both of those have to be taken into consideration when assessing the offensive capabilities of this year's team. They have continued though to show their penchant for playing hard and effective man to man defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom