Prognosticators Game 10 | The Boneyard

Prognosticators Game 10

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for UCONN, like everything else in Canada, this game will be played on ice, eh. Without OldeCoach to consult on proper footwear, the Huskies will suffer, eh. Second half will be tough as the UCONN players start to crash from their maple sugar high, eh. Duc-kes-ney wins a razor thin game 72-71, eh.

p.s. You may want to turn down the volume as the announcers for this game, Bob and Doug McKenzie, tend to wander off topic, eh. Take off you hosers.

Reaction Score
I can't see an MOV less than 40 on this one. But since it's being played on ice I'll go with the minimum;
95 - 55, our gals.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for UCONN, like everything else in Canada, this game will be played on ice, eh. Without OldeCoach to consult on proper footwear, the Huskies will suffer, eh. Second half will be tough as the UCONN players start to crash from their maple sugar high, eh. Duc-kes-ney wins a razor thin game 72-71, eh.

p.s. You may want to turn down the volume as the announcers for this game, Bob and Doug McKenzie, tend to wander off topic, eh. Take off you hosers.
You never cease to amaze me, eh. Again you have captured a final result satiating Mojo eh but have also captivated with your encapsulation of how and why the UConn express will come off the tracks eh.

My prime hope is that once again your magical influence will have the proper result - ANOTHER UCONN WIN. What say you, eh

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ok. 100-59. In honor of Kia, I will try to prognosticate Kia's line (extra points :rolleyes:)

Kia gets 17 pts going 4-5 from 3pt 1-2 from 2pt 3-3 FT 4 assists, 3 steals, 5 rebounds and stays on the court the longest.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Not sure what to make of Duquesne. At 10-2, they seem like a solid mid major, but do have losses to Charlotte and ETSU. OTOH, they have wins over Pitt and UVA. UCONN offense was in full flow vs. DePaul, but looked out of sync for much of the game vs. Oklahoma (give credit to Oklahoma though)... The UVA win looks pretty good even tho UVA is 6-6 - they gave Maryland everything they could handle only losing by 1 point and played well against a good Rutgers squad as well...

I think this is a game that gets out of hand early for Duquesne, and therefore the subs get in for much of the 4th quarter, getting thoroughly outplayed to bring the MOV down from the 40+ UCONN gets it up to...

UCONN 88
Duquesne 58

Reaction Score
I don't know anything about Duquesne's women's basketball team. Oh well. UConn 98-59.

Reaction Score
UCONN: 91
Duquesne: 60

31 Point MOV for the Huskies.

Don't know much about Duquesne's Team...but they have 16 players on their roster (wow that's a lot to get into the rotation - but only 12 on season stats sheet), including 9 from outside US (2 from Canada...one from Hamilton), Julijana Vojinovic (5' 10" Guard) is their leading scorer at 17.4 ppg, and Chassidy Omogrosso (5' 4" Guard) at 16.9 ppg, but no one else over 10 ppg. I am confident Geno & Staff will dial up a solid defensive scheme to keep the Dukes well under their Season average 74 ppg.

I think Kia will have a fantastic game...after she gets over the "thrill of playing in front of her fellow Canadians"... 20 or so points. Lou continues to show her value to the Team on both ends of the court scoring 24 or so. Danger out runs everyone in the arena and makes some "circus-like" passes to wow us all. Z and Phessa own the paint. Hopefully Gabby has a bounce back game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Duquesne is a decent team. Hopefully, they will put up a fight similar to Nevada.

Huskies win 94-68 with Gabby leading the way with 24 pts

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Well, if it's being played on ice, by hockey players, in Canada, I predict a high scoring game of 5-2 Uconn. Kia with the hat trick of course. Hosers, indeed!

Reaction Score
Dukes scoring mostly from the 2 starting guards, very little scoring from the front line (tallest player 6’ 2”). Team scoring at less than 50% rate. Plenty of backup playing time for UCONN 92-45.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
This is the next game in a series of difficult games. The game will be played in Canada. I expect for at least the first half, UConn will be thrown off its game by seeing the court measurements in meters rather than yards. They will adjust their shooting touch to compensate and by halftime make the required adjustments. They will also be confusion (though less) with the use of the metric minute system. But this too will be ironed out by halftime,

The team will overcome these difficulties and come back from that halftime deficit to prevail.

UConn 109
Duquesne 8

Reaction Score
This is the next game in a series of difficult games. The game will be played in Canada. I expect for at least the first half, UConn will be thrown off its game by seeing the court measurements in meters rather than yards. They will adjust their shooting touch to compensate and by halftime make the required adjustments. They will also be confusion (though less) with the use of the metric minute system. But this too will be ironed out by halftime,

The team will overcome these difficulties and come back from that halftime deficit to prevail.

UConn 109
Duquesne 8

A thorough and detailed analysis of unique difficulties this team will face and have to overcome - but if Geno and CD have been this successful in teaching players at UConn to convert scoring opportunities, surely they will be able to convert distance and time math as well.

I am wondering, however, if you’ve a little less faith in the scoring ability if this team - last year you always expected UConn to score around 150 points

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
94-57 just to have something to say ... blind squirrel no feel for this one

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member