Proceed with CAUTION moving forward | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Proceed with CAUTION moving forward

Reaction Score
Keys are health & chemistry with the Top 7 players in March when it counts. As Geno said a few weeks ago (and I paraphrase a bit), we need health a lot of luck come March. A healthy, cohesive top 7 has a good shot at Final 4. I still dont like our chance against SC especially, and Stanford, but that's where the "luck" comes into play come Tourney time.
If they are healthy, why don't you like UCONN's chances vs Stanford? Why wouldn't it be 50-50?

Reaction Score
tchalla1, we're drinking out of the same pitcher of Kool aide. I love CD's style of coaching and her willingness to use her players at the end of the bench. As I've said before with respect to Geno vs CD's coaching....................different style and game management philosophy (methods), same results.

NOTHING makes me happier than to see Amari or Ines enter the game in the first quarter. ;)Remember, I'm the pom-pom guy sitting on the front row of her cheering section with the bull horn.

There was a reason(s) Geno did not put them in the game. Sometimes we (fans) are not privy to those reasons. He won't mention why unless it's asked in a post-game presser. He did not forget about them, they were just not in the game plan for THAT game. They may have been nursing an minor injury, or perhaps he did not see enough of what he wanted to see from his core players.

I completely understand about possible fatigue and "tired legs" of player that are not given the proper rest. Some players can play 35+ minutes a game with no problem, some can't. I'm only speaking for myself, but I've never been a D1 college head coach for a major WCBB program, or won any championships, so I can't really criticize Geno's actions. I have no coaching experience experience that would allow me to do that.

I trust Geno and his ability to manage his players day to day and to make in-game decisions. Understand I'm not throwing rocks at the posters that have a different point of view. That's what this forum is for. The exchange of thoughts, concerns and ideas. I ALWAYS enjoy reading the thoughts and concerns of other UConn fans. I don't have to agree with them, but I really do enjoy them sharing their points of view.

Because of Geno's resume, and the fact that he has navigated his teams through 11 tournaments to win the national championship, when no other active coach has more than 3, I'm not as concerned about the team's current state of affairs as I would be with a coach with lesser experience. This is Geno's 38th year as a head coach. He's coached in this rodeo before. :cool: I perceive Geno to be an "Allstate" coach....................we're in good hands.
Carnac, thank you for further expounding on my perspectives on player substitutions —you really brought out the essential components in a very non-critical manner as I was my intent…

Reaction Score
One other dimension to this perennial topic — sync vs depth — is full court pressure. You can’t press much if your rotation is 5+2. Personally, I think having a prime rotation in good sync is the most important thing. But it does limit some other things you can do even if you don’t wear out the rotation players.

Reaction Score
If they are healthy, why don't you like UCONN's chances vs Stanford? Why wouldn't it be 50-50?
I would make Stanford slight favorites on a neutral court. 3 point favorites. They just have much more physical size mismatches & depth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom