Probably our worst loss in the Dance | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Probably our worst loss in the Dance

Reaction Score
This game was probably the worst in terms of watchability..Never felt for 1 minute that UConn was playing well & had a chance to win tonight. Definition of ugly play & ugly lost. No one played well.
Go back to the women’s board. You hate the men’s team

Reaction Score
I wouldn't classify it as our worst loss--that's easily George Masson--but I'd say it's the worst a UConn team has played in a tournament game. There wasn't a single aspect of the game that we did at an even average level save for our offensive rebounding in the first half--and we made a mediocre team look pretty good.

The 2012 loss to Iowa State was bad but not surprising. Honestly, neither was tonight. This was pretty much a repeat of the Creighton loss at MSG. Everything about this team is like pulling teeth.
Yeah they had all those offensive rebounds due to the hilarious # of missed shots.

Reaction Score
George Mason was worst loss because our team could've won it all. We weren't getting past Bama. This is a very flawed team. We need players that can stop opponents' momentum. We have too many stretches where we don't score and miss too many bunnies. Don't be afraid to go hard to the basket. It won't hurt you.

Reaction Score
In watching UCLA BYU and it’s making me even angrier watching the amount of effort these teams are playing with. I felt like we were sleeping on d for the first 34 minutes of the game, like we didn’t care. These guys also look offensively capable, which we were not. Infuriating. We need a more offensively skilled and balanced team next year which I believe the incoming by freshman will bring.

Reaction Score
People forget 2005 UConn losing to. 10 seed NC State. We were a 2 seed. That was worse. NC state was no better than this Maryland team. We scored 62 pts in that one and JC was the coach
That one was a bummer - but it was a year in which two projected starters almost died. One never came back and the one who did was a shadow of himself. We did a pretty good job battling to a high seed, but probably didn‘t have enough in the backcourt to get much further (which was a problem in 2006 too).

It was also coming off an NC so it maybe didn’t hurt all that much.

Reaction Score
This was an awful performance in every way. Bouk wasn’t strong enough to set the tone, we couldn’t make a layup or a 3 and we turned the ball over every time we caught a break.

The 2006 team was always flawed and anyone being honest could see that. I never felt confident in that team.

Reaction Score
George Mason was worst loss because our team could've won it all. We weren't getting past Bama. This is a very flawed team. We need players that can stop opponents' momentum. We have too many stretches where we don't score and miss too many bunnies. Don't be afraid to go hard to the basket. It won't hurt you.
There were also a # of plays where MD was able to make a backdoor pass to a wide open guy streaking to the basket.

The kind of play that would've had Calhoun calling TO and you'd hear him hollering his brains out during the fade to commercials.

Reaction Score
This was an awful performance in every way. Bouk wasn’t strong enough to set the tone, we couldn’t make a layup or a 3 and we turned the ball over every time we caught a break.

The 2006 team was always flawed and anyone being honest could see that. I never felt confident in that team.
30-4 and lost to George Mason. You can find the flaws, and you'd be right to fret over them, but that one was for the history books.

Reaction Score
Shooting percentage. Paper defense. Free throws. Team looked tight. Major disappointment
You must be young. This is such a bad take. We had teams with so much more expectations lose and it was way worse than this. This was a 50/50 game.

Reaction Score
You must be young. This is such a bad take. We had teams with so much more expectations lose and it was way worse than this. This was a 50/50 game.
Yeah. No. I’m old. This was a brutal loss.

Reaction Score
That one was a bummer - but it was a year in which two projected starters almost died. One never came back and the one who did was a shadow of himself. We did a pretty good job battling to a high seed, but probably didn‘t have enough in the backcourt to get much further (which was a problem in 2006 too).

It was also coming off an NC so it maybe didn’t hurt all that much.
That year was worse. 5 NBA players on our roster and an all time great Hall of Fame coach AND essentially playing a home game in Worcester, MA. Losing to an NC State team that lost 14 games and was under .500 in the ACC. Horrible loss. Everyone was healthy when we played that game

Reaction Score
I remember the 2006 team struggling and playing down to the competition. They managed to be 30-4 but they didn’t get there the way most 30-4 teams do.

Reaction Score
Yeah. No. I’m old. This was a brutal loss.
You need to recalibrate your expectations then...Or your understanding of our teams weaknesses this year. What happened tonight was one of several somewhat likely outcomes. Im disappointed but not shocked by any means. Did u watch the Nova game? Same thing except Marland shot better from 3.

Reaction Score
Did anybody else think we heaved up way too many threes and missed them. We couldn’t even hit a free throw for the life of them. They didn’t play like UConn tonight.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
That loss was worse. Best team in the country lost to a mid major.
In the elite 8

We just lost to a 10 seed in first round.

Reaction Score
Y’all can bring up George Mason. That was tough. This was first round against an inferior foe. Brutal loss

Reaction Score
That year was worse. 5 NBA players on our roster and an all time great Hall of Fame coach AND essentially playing a home game in Worcester, MA. Losing to an NC State team that lost 14 games and was under .500 in the ACC. Horrible loss. Everyone was healthy when we played that game
Rashad Anderson wasn’t healthy. He came back for the postseason after being in the hospital and missing a month or two, but he wasn’t close to himself. I basically shrugged off that year as a “what might have been” if AJ Price and RA didn’t both end up on their death beds. But I didn’t go to Worcester, so I can see it bugging people in attendance to lose that close to home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom