Probably our worst loss in the Dance | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Probably our worst loss in the Dance

Reaction Score
I'm just happy we got in. It was nice to momentarily feel relevant again. 7 was waaaayyyy too generous. We got smoked by PC and lost to SJU and SH. Our best winwas USC in like Mobley's third game ever. The Big East sucked save Villanova. The Big Ten was a juggernaut. Maryland was a tough draw, but we certainly didn't deserve better.

Reaction Score
I don't think he meant worst loss overall. Clearly George Mason was much worse. I think he meant as far as play goes. They stunk tonight with a capital stink.

Reaction Score
Half the team were a bunch of rehabbed midmajor recruits. Whatever, Hurley (in game coaching or not) had us back in the dance with horses coming in. I like our trajectory but we need to get better tactically. And hit free throws

Reaction Score
At the end of the day this team beat no one all year. They weren’t good. I don’t know what people expected....
Exactly. Overnight it went from, "We're back in the tourney" to "St. James is taking us to the promised land". The board tends to set itself up for failure. I bet Maryland and it doesn't hurt as much.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Really? Did you forget what happened in 06?

Thank you.

7 future pros losing to a bunch of absolute nobodies far surpasses this.

Even losing to San Diego in 08.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Jackson better improve or transfer. Gaffney looked really good. Sanogo gong to be a force next few years but needs to improve. I want Whaley and Polley back. TM and RJ need to play up to their expectations. The freshman better be ready. Unfortunately I doubt Akok ever really plays meaningful minutes again. 2022 class needs to be huge.

Reaction Score
Thank you.

7 future pros losing to a bunch of absolute nobodies far surpasses this.

Even losing to San Diego in 08.
Exactly. How anyone can argue otherwise is beyond me.

Reaction Score
George Mason in 2006 was the absolute worst. Out team was heavily favored, stacked and it was to go to the Final Four. A 1st or or 2nd round defeat doesn't compare.

Reaction Score
In OT
I thought we had them dead to rights when we got it to OT. It was going to be an awful loss no matter what but getting outplayed by them in OT was truly the finishing kick in the jewels.

Reaction Score
I’ll say it again... what did you see all year from this team made you think they were going to make a run... any decent team we played against we got beat bye. This wasn’t a good team end of story... I had absolutely no expectations for this team and fully expected to lose in the first round.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't classify it as our worst loss--that's easily George Masson--but I'd say it's the worst a UConn team has played in a tournament game. There wasn't a single aspect of the game that we did at an even average level save for our offensive rebounding in the first half--and we made a mediocre team look pretty good.

The 2012 loss to Iowa State was bad but not surprising. Honestly, neither was tonight. This was pretty much a repeat of the Creighton loss at MSG. Everything about this team is like pulling teeth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom