Private Jet on Officials? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Private Jet on Officials?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From their board:

Both their titles in 2011 and 2014 were complete flukes. Mediocre teams that caught fire and lightning in a bottle at the exact right time. JB also got his Cuse teams to 3 national title games, just like Calhoun. The only difference is that we lost two of those games—and one was against an all-time great juggernaut Kentucky team (1996), the other one on a last second shot (1987). Winning two more title games doesn’t make you infinitely better than our program.

Pretty sure it does.

Reaction Score
The secret is that you don't value your time. You never get time back. I would guess you also don't place a dollar value on your time. Your loss of life. That's why I'm laughing.
We all go through the motions sometimes brotha, and now is my time.

Reaction Score
The secret is that you don't value your time. You never get time back. I would guess you also don't place a dollar value on your time. Your loss of life. That's why I'm laughing.
And yet, somehow you have the time now too?

Reaction Score
From their board:

Both their titles in 2011 and 2014 were complete flukes. Mediocre teams that caught fire and lightning in a bottle at the exact right time. JB also got his Cuse teams to 3 national title games, just like Calhoun. The only difference is that we lost two of those games—and one was against an all-time great juggernaut Kentucky team (1996), the other one on a last second shot (1987). Winning two more title games doesn’t make you infinitely better than our program.

Pretty sure it does.
Even I can't discount the 4 titles. Calhoun might be the best coach in the modern era. But it's not now.

Reaction Score
From their board:

The only difference is that we lost two of those games—and one was against an all-time great juggernaut Kentucky team (1996), the other one on a last second shot (1987).

Pretty sure it does.
Unbelievable. Came close to a title in '87. Yeah, sell that to a recruit.

Reaction Score
Sorry for the brief hiatus guys, I usually take a few moments to reflect on life in a zen like state while I drop the kids off at the pool. You guys really dont like me? I'm just trying to engage thoughtfully in a manner that can bring out the best in both fanbases.
You should really be concentrating on the road while you’re driving your kids to the pool.

Reaction Score
And yet, somehow you have the time now too?
Am I on a Syracuse board? No. Don't care because I understand it's pointless. Also a lot of us are rich and have killer jobs since we are from CT. Sorry bro.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
From their board:

Pretty sure it does.

Goes to show the value of a SU education.

3:1 is an incalculable value.

Reaction Score
Am I on a Syracuse board? No. Don't care because I understand it's pointless. Also a lot of us are rich and have killer jobs since we are from CT. Sorry bro.
Hold up, I'm on the wrong forum?

Reaction Score
Honestly just trying to break boneyard records for views/replies/likes(not likely) or all of those pointless accolades.

Reaction Score
giphy.gif
Is your sig real? 900+ days?! Holy shiitake mushrooms

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
syracuse fan trolling uconn board because they got an official visit from a recruit is a new low i thought i'd never see
It's sad really. They were once such a plucky, gritty bunch.

Reaction Score
This is a serious question because I am genuinely curious. What does Syracuse do for a head coach when Jimmy B stops? Is it still Mike Hopkins?
No. It is the dude that is a weird mix of Vanilla Ice and Eminem.

Reaction Score
This is a serious question because I am genuinely curious. What does Syracuse do for a head coach when Jimmy B stops? Is it still Mike Hopkins?
We have no idea. Don't know if Hopkins would even want to return to Syracuse if given the opportunity to take over in a few years, after what happened a couple of years ago. Hop is from the West Coast and seems to be doing very well (even if it's only been 1 year so far). He has young kids, and moving cross country two times within a few years with a family is tough, even if SU were to offer him more money.

On the flip side, he was aruably Syracuse's main (and best) recruiter for nearly 20 years. His connections on the East Coast and Northeast run far and deep. When it appeared that he was ~12 months away from taking over at SU, he said he would mix up the 2-3 zone with M2M and press defenses, while recruiting the same type of players. I think he could succeed at SU. It's a matter of 1) will the new AD Wildhack do a national HC search and try to get a guy like Buzz Williams (just an example), go for a young up and coming head coach, or would be value Hop's familiarity with Syracuse/Northeast and value his likely long-term commitment to the program.

tl;dr - we have no idea who will be the SU coach in 3-4 years

Reaction Score
We have no idea. Don't know if Hopkins would even want to return to Syracuse if given the opportunity to take over in a few years, after what happened a couple of years ago. Hop is from the West Coast and seems to be doing very well (even if it's only been 1 year so far). He has young kids, and moving cross country two times within a few years with a family is tough, even if SU were to offer him more money.

On the flip side, he was aruably Syracuse's main (and best) recruiter for nearly 20 years. His connections on the East Coast and Northeast run far and deep. When it appeared that he was ~12 months away from taking over at SU, he said he would mix up the 2-3 zone with M2M and press defenses, while recruiting the same type of players. I think he could succeed at SU. It's a matter of 1) will the new AD Wildhack do a national HC search and try to get a guy like Buzz Williams (just an example), go for a young up and coming head coach, or would be value Hop's familiarity with Syracuse/Northeast and value his likely long-term commitment to the program.

tl;dr - we have no idea who will be the SU coach in 3-4 years
I think Hopkins would do very well at Cuse and would be a good hire.

Reaction Score
I think Hopkins would do very well at Cuse and would be a good hire.
SU fans are split on him, and maybe going to Washington is a chance for him to succeed on his own for a few years away from JB's shadow. Some fans only look at how Hop struggled in 2015-2016 when JB was suspended.

Makes you wonder if Kevin Ollie would've fared any better at UConn if he coached at USC for 4-5 years before returning as head coach at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom