Prisoner Whom Maya Defended Is Freed For Good | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Prisoner Whom Maya Defended Is Freed For Good

Reaction Score
Glad it was a hard core sports correspondent who really appreciates UConn. who did the interview. Love Robin Roberts
National, when he was a teenager our son had a car detailing job on weekends and used to do Robin Roberts car. He said that she was one of the nicest persons you would ever want to meet. (Not to mention that she tipped very well).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
hmmm..., highlighted her career. Talked about how great she is. Both said she’s on the short list for athlete of the century

Ok. I guess it is safe to listen. Thanks

Reaction Score
Maya sure is amazing! ....Maya and Tina were very gracious and lovely when we met them briefly and they posed for this photo with my daughters.

Also, Tina has done wonderful things with her Hopey's Heart Foundation (distributes AEDs to schools) and she funded a school in Mali.

...I'm proud to be a UConn alum.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Must be a pretty sweet Independance Day for Maya, Jonathan and all involved. Enjoy

Reaction Score
There is something wrong with a system that dictates a fifty year sentence for burglary and allows a drunk driver to catch a suspended sentence when he or she has taken a life or a child predator who is "ordered" to seek therapy while sentenced to "house arrest". Thank you, Maya, for correcting an injustice.
When you stereotype everyone, I think you do an injustice. There are many good and decent people who have made the mistake of getting behind the wheel of a car after having a few drinks and have gotten in accidents that have resulted in someone dying. I'm not condoning it but they may have been people who may have rarely drank in their lives but for that one moment in time; do you think that beyond the guilt and sorrow that they'll have to live with for the rest of their lives, they deserve to be in prison for at least as long or longer than someone who has KNOWINGLY burglarized homes and businesses, potentially with the possibility of some innocent person being hurt or killed in the process???? If so, I don't agree. You have to judge the particular transgression before you can blanketly paint everyone or every situation the same way.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Washington Post Sunday "The Optimist" features an article that appeared on July 2 by Gene Wang and Cindy Boren on Maya and her fight for justice. Good story, well written, and of great interest to UConn fans. Look for it. Worth your time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom