Princeton ,Utah | The Boneyard

Princeton ,Utah

Reaction Score
Carla's team was so gutsy against Utah; really could have won,but for so many missed opportunities in close. Their defense, and " all hands on deck" rebounding kept them in the game. Had 20 offensive boards !! 38 foul shots taken by Utah vs 15 for Princeton!? Lost only by 7.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I thought that when Princeton had cut the lead down to 4 and 5 points in the 4th, they took low percentage shots early in the 30 second clock instead of running the offense to get better shots. It happened 3 times at least.
I also thought that the reffing was tilted too.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Second time seeing Princeton, first was the UConn game but hard to clean much from that when UConn was without Dorka, but if they could have shot worth anything they would’ve beaten Utah by double digits. I’ve seen Utah play several times and I’m unimpressed. Pili has some skills but seems unable to get up and down the court for more than 5 minutes without a rest. I don’t see any of Utah’s starting 5 starting for UConn. Stanford’s performance against Mississippi perfectly explains how Utah beat them during the season.

Reaction Score
Princeton missed too many shots close to the basket. Poor shot selection and rushed shots especially in the 4th Q. Great rebounding and D, however. I don’t believe Utah is as good as advertised.

Reaction Score
I've watched Princeton against Ivy League competition this year on a number of occasions. Princeton is tough, and so were Columbia and Harvard. Princeton lost to both of them during the season, and took down, albeit with great difficulty, Harvard in the tournament championship. Play traditional UConn basketball: scrapping every second down to the end. A small team, they clearly miss their star post from last year.

Princeton's performance against Connecticut was no fluke. Clearly, they deserve to be nationally rated. Their coach clearly is a national phenom.

Reaction Score
I'm putting it out there. Coach Berube should be the next coach im Stores....whenever HCGA decides to call it a career.
I don't agree. They will need to go outside the Geno coaching pool or it will be a disaster for the coach and the program. Heck it might be anyway. It is very hard to follow the likes of Geno.

Reaction Score
I thought Princeton fouled every time Utah got the ball inside. Truth is the officials let the girls play and when that happens it is a huge benefit to the weaker team. Most teams not names UCONN only have one or two options you have to lock up and you can win and that was pretty much what Princeton did in the second half.

Pilli did have a few that weren't called on her and about 25 that she was fouled on that weren't called on Princeton. I thought the game was called in way that gave Princeton a chance and they lost because they didn't capitalize on their opportunities.

Reaction Score
I don't agree. They will need to go outside the Geno coaching pool or it will be a disaster for the coach and the program. Heck it might be anyway. It is very hard to follow the likes of Geno.
True. Much like with Calhoun and the men, it is always difficult to follow a legend. I'm the women's game, Tennessee is the prime example.

Reaction Score
Utah? Another example, IMHO, of the overrated PAC12.

I was about to mention that. Are the Pac-12 and Big Ten overrated? Seem to be having subpar performances in the tournament. On the other hand, the SEC seems surprisingly tough.

I'd say that the Ivy League deserves more respect, on both genders going forward. Shows that what Princeton did to Connecticut was no fluke. Way under-seeded.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I watched major parts of Utah/Princeton and Stanford/Ole Miss and somehow managed to survive. Wow, ugly. Unfortunately there are way too many games like this.

70 fouls combined both games, and shooting was a combined 73-231, or 31.6%.

Princeton had 20 offensive rebounds and 29 more shot attempts than Utah. Still lost.

I would love for UConn to play Utah. With Pili on the floor we would be playing 5 on 4 in transition all night long.

Twenty shots and thirteen points total for Stanford players not named Jones or Brink. Three points total from their supposedly deep bench.

So Washington State, USC, Stanford and Arizona are all out. Utah is holding on but barely. Colorado plays Duke and UCLA plays Oklahoma.

Based upon what I have seen from the PAC 12, I would not be betting on either Colorado or UCLA. I sensed that the PAC 12 was overrated, especially Stanford, now we have the proof.

Reaction Score
I'm putting it out there. Coach Berube should be the next coach im Stores....whenever HCGA decides to call it a career.
The proof of the pudding is in the tasting. Berube has confirmed her coaching abilities at Div. !!! and now Div. 1. In neither circumstance did she have any financial inducement to recruits. And yet she recruits! I agree that Berube should ultimately succeed Geno.

Reaction Score
Carla is not part of the Geno coaching pool. Never an assistant, her teams play her game.

Reaction Score
Totally disagree. Whoever is the next coach in Storrs will have the benefit in recruiting that Geno has long established for the first several years. Thereafter the organization overall including practice, planning, and game time et al will determine the ongoing high standard of success. I want someone trained in the Geno way. Sometimes it doesn't work like Ollie for Calhoun. Then again how about Williams for Smith in Chapel Hill? I'd rather roll with a coach trained in the very successful master's system.

Of course the real issue might be replacing CD.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You need to adjust your coaching and systems to players that you have. At UConn Carla might change up from what she is doing at Princeton

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom