Pretty much the worst tournament ever | The Boneyard

Pretty much the worst tournament ever

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Well, Friday is the day of upsets and SMU losing and Creighton possibly losing qualify as upsets (although minor). Duke has yet to play, and they have lost in the first round a lot recently and almost always underwhelm.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
No upsets (really).

No buzzer beaters, just bonehead plays and bad calls.

No UConn.

Our conference embarrassing itself.

Now all we need is an all ACC Final Four to top it off.

I need a drink or five.

I'm downing some LI iced teas. I guarantee after a few of those you'll forget all about the items on your list.

Reaction Score
Yeah, pretty dull so far. There have been some good games, just no major upsets. I think the weekend will give us a surprise or two.

Reaction Score
Yeah but now we don't get stuck with dud games like 11 seed Syracuse vs 15 seed Middle Tennesssee in the Second Round. The Sweet 16/Elite 8/Final 4 should be awesome.

Doubt I'll be watching closely. Maybe turn in for the final if its an interesting matchup

Reaction Score
I'm getting tired of what tourney games have looked like with players driving the lane, throwing a shoulder into the defender, launching a pidgeon and pretending they got hit by a train. Whistle, foul shots, repeat. Referees are so gullible they encourage the behavior and it keeps getting more and more like the floppers in pro soccer. Killing the game for me.

Reaction Score
Yeah but now we don't get stuck with dud games like 11 seed Syracuse vs 15 seed Middle Tennesssee in the Second Round. The Sweet 16/Elite 8/Final 4 should be awesome.

No we don't, CUSE is in the NIT ;)

Reaction Score
Today has some good games.

ND and West Virginia should be a very good one to watch. See if WVU can play the 3 line and hold Bonzie down a little.
Nova/Wisconsin - eh, don't think much of the b10 so doubt they can play with Nova but never know.
Zags/NW - has a nice story to it but if Zags are for real they should put them to rest early.
FSU/Xavier - I like watching FSU but they always find a way to lose around this time but Xavier without their PG has no right winning this one. Not a bad one to watch.
Butler/MTSU - I mean Cinderella is on the house what's not to like about this one?
AZ/St Mary's - love watching St Mary's play the game, AZ is on a roll but this one has a chance to be interesting if St Mary's hangs around early.
UF/VA - one team can score it the other can defend it. Decent watch
Purdue/Iowa St - I picked Purdue to the sweet 16 in the bracket pool but only because I picked Nevada for the upset, if I could change I would take the hot Cyclones. Any time a B10 team loses I am happy!

Reaction Score
Upsets are for kids and soccer moms to get excited about. The 2nd round is full of awesome games now, I would much rather have that then seeing Kent state lose by 100 in round 2 after upsetting someone.

Reaction Score
Silver lining to dud 1st round games (no upsets) is better games potential in round 2.

Cincy's side of the bracket is loaded. Good luck, kobe.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
One of my most important criteria for a good tourny is last second wins and buzzerbeaters. There hasn't been too many so far in this tournament.

Reaction Score
Has there been a single buzzer beater yet? Not that I recall. A few missed shots in the closing seconds. But this has been one of the worst tourneys since 2000. Why did I have to take off from work? ugh, I should have just gone in on Thurs/Fri.

Reaction Score
Has there been a single buzzer beater yet? Not that I recall. A few missed shots in the closing seconds. But this has been one of the worst tourneys since 2000. Why did I have to take off from work? ugh, I should have just gone in on Thurs/Fri.

I took Thursday and Friday off as well and not for one second did I think I should have gone into work.

Reaction Score
I took Thursday and Friday off as well and not for one second did I think I should have gone into work.
Well, I could have used the two days for another time in the year. I have never doubted taking off for march madness, 'cept for this year. I have taken off the 3 of the past 4 years and loved the choice all three times.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Well, I could have used the two days for another time in the year. I have never doubted taking off for march madness, 'cept for this year. I have taken off the 3 of the past 4 years and loved the choice all three times.

Kinda missed his joke there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom