Press release from SNY regarding TV coverage | The Boneyard

Press release from SNY regarding TV coverage

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
COVERAGE TIPS OFF ON SNY SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 17TH

New York, November 15, 2018 – SNY (@snytv), the official television home of UConn women’s basketball, today announced the network’s comprehensive coverage for the Huskies 2018-2019 season. SNY’s live game schedule tips off Saturday, November 17 at 6:00 p.m. as the 11-time National Champions host Vanderbilt University at Mohegan Sun. The evening’s coverage kicks off at 5:30 p.m. with the UConn Women’s Basketball Season Preview Show Presented by Connecticut Lighting Centers.

Hosted by Gary Apple the UConn Women’s Basketball Season Preview Show will feature exclusive interviews with players and coaches, along with analysis provided by 1997 Associated Press Player of the Year Kara Wolters and former UConn forward Meghan Culmo.

Play-by-play announcer Eric Frede returns for his sixth season as the television voice for UConn women’s basketball on SNY. Frede will be joined courtside by game analyst Meghan Culmo, while Justine Ward serves as SNY’s in-game reporter. Ward will also be on hand to contribute LIVE onsite coverage during the network’s pre- and post-game shows.

Starting with the January 9, 2019 game, Apple and Wolters will again team up this season for the UConn Women’s Basketball Pre-Game Show, UConn Women’s Halftime Show Presented by Your Local Ford Stores and People’s United Bank Post Game Show.

SNY’s 2018-2019 schedule will also see the return of The Geno Auriemma Show Presented by UConn Health, set to premiere January 9, 2019 immediately after the UConn/Cincinnati game and post-game show. Back for a seventh season, the 10-episode series hosted by Justine Ward, brings viewers exclusive insight throughout the season from Coach Auriemma on game strategy, player performances, and the challenges facing the team and coaching staff during the year. For all episode air dates, fans can visit UConn programming.

Throughout the season, all games and pre/post-game coverage on SNY will be accessible live via SNY.tv and the NBC Sports app to authenticated subscribers. Authenticated SNY subscribers can access live UConn game broadcasts provided they are within the SNY broadcast footprint. SNY’s “TV Everywhere” streaming service is done in collaboration with the NBC Sports Group, whose corporate affiliate is a minority owner of SNY. For more information about SNY’s authenticated live streaming service, viewers can visit the following link: SNY LIVE STREAM FAQs.

2018-19 UConn Women’s Basketball Schedule on SNY
1542382436529.png

ABOUT SNY

SNY is an Emmy Award winning, multiplatform regional sports network serving approximately eight million homes in the New York Metropolitan area and 11 million homes across the country through unparalleled coverage of the New York Mets, Jets and all things New York sports. SNY is the official television home of the New York Mets, televising more than 125 live games each season with exclusive pre- and post-game programs, plus additional Mets entertainment programming airing throughout the calendar year. As the official television home of the New York Jets, SNY delivers more than 300 hours of exclusive year-round content devoted to Gang Green. SNY is also the official television home of the UConn Huskies men’s and women’s basketball programs, broadcasting approximately 350 hours of UConn programming annually, including more than 20 live games. As New York's leader in local sports television coverage, SNY delivers the most comprehensive access to all of the Tri-State area's professional and collegiate sports teams through five nightly sports and entertainment programs from SNY's state-of-the-art studio located high above the city at 4 World Trade Center in downtown Manhattan. SNY’s programming roster also includes classic sports programming, critically acclaimed original entertainment shows, and exclusive interview and magazine programs. Online, SNY.tv is the “go-to” digital communal home for New York sports fans to get succinct, easy-to-read updates, video highlights and features, recaps, news, opinion, rumors, insight and fan reaction on their favorite New York sports teams. Owned by Sterling Entertainment Enterprises, Charter Communications and Comcast, SNY is available to viewers throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally on DIRECTV, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse

S-N-Y

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
About the article...is this statement new for this season "Authenticated SNY subscribers can access live UConn game broadcasts provided they are within the SNY broadcast footprint."?
I have DirecTV, am not in the SNY broadcast footprint but have been able to view every game on SNY in previous years. But I guess that I am wondering about nothing because it is in the Guide for tomorrow and I also have it scheduled to be recorded along with the Season Preview show that airs prior to the game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
About the article...is this statement new for this season "Authenticated SNY subscribers can access live UConn game broadcasts provided they are within the SNY broadcast footprint."?
I have DirecTV, am not in the SNY broadcast footprint but have been able to view every game on SNY in previous years. But I guess that I am wondering about nothing because it is in the Guide for tomorrow and I also have it scheduled to be recorded along with the Season Preview show that airs prior to the game.
I think this part applies to you:

"Owned by Sterling Entertainment Enterprises, Charter Communications and Comcast, SNY is available to viewers throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally on DIRECTV, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse."

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I dont see the Paradise Jam on SNYs schedule and on the UConn schedule it says TBD . It looks like as of now the Paradise Jam games will not be televised. Any chance CPTV or someone can convince SNY to pick those games up . Heck I will broadcast them for free if they need somebody and Im sure I can get some other volunteers.

Reaction Score
Flosports.com carries the Paradise Jam coverage. You'll need a subscription to watch - 30$/ mo minimum,iirc.

Reaction Score

"Owned by Sterling Entertainment Enterprises, Charter Communications and Comcast, SNY is available to viewers throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally on DIRECTV, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse."

Although SNY is available in SD on FIOS, it requires bumping up to a much more expensive package. Recently, I've been watching all the UConn games on ESPN3 and the occasional game on CBS
Sports and ESPN for the biggies. I'm assuming that my subscription to ESPN via my current package will cover me for watching ESPN3 in the future. Hope that remains the case.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
ESPN3 shows that they have tomorrow's game. That's how I've been watching, in recent years. When we moved here in 2010, we paid CPTV and then SNY to stream the games. It was a boon for us to be able to see them on ESPN3. I'm hoping they don't require ESPN+ in future years.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

Thanks for pointing this out to me (seriously). I don't know how I missed it.:eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom