Press Conferences - Post Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Press Conferences - Post Game

Reaction Score
It is a real pleasure to listen to Coach Close. A class act. Articulate, dignified, respectful, insightful, inspiring. She makes no excuses, gives credit where credit is due, and acknowledges achievement all around. She is a real credit to her program. Just great seeing this sort of thing, and yet another reason why women’s college basketball seems to bring out the best.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
No. They put a long, tall player in Lou’s face all night. UCLA’s defense is like UCF’s with the slapping at the ball and bumping. Lou had trouble creating space for herself so she passed (4 assists), played defense, and kept Drummer off of Phee

I call it the Whack-a-Lou defensive strategy. It has become the preferred modus operandi of our opponents. Fine, let 'em do it. Collier ends up going off for 20-30 points while they're busy concentrating on taking Lou out of the game.

Reaction Score
Locker Room Interviews. UConn Report

Not going to post the individual interviews, but they are listed 1st.

I think the 1/2 person was how Lou was playing due to her injury.

Pretty sure that's correct, that the ½ was alluding to Katy Lou, who played all 40 minutes, was playing hurt.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Branding 101

"No bar, no pinball machines, no bowling alley, just pool...nothing else. This is Ames, mister."
--Cashier, The Hustler

"His only reference point is himself."
--Charles Hatton, writing about Secretariat

"We're UConn. This is what we do."
--Geno Auriemma

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

I was yelling at the TV much of the first 3 quarters, with a lot of it directed toward Crystal. In the 4th quarter, I did a lot of clapping when Crystal did something.

Reaction Score
she also had an ankle brace on......I could be wrong but I don't remember seeing her wear that as much this season
Wonder how the shoulder, which as taped in beginning of season, is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom