President Herbst is on the march again | Page 3 | The Boneyard

President Herbst is on the march again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just recognize that UConn didn't fall apart, but even improved, during one of the most tumultuous times at the helm of the university, and a very big reason for that was the #2, Dr. Nicholls. I would believe that this move is more of a personal decision for Dr. Nicholls rather than Herbst trying to oust people out.

I wouldn't rule that out, for sure.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Having to force out a long time AD, no matter how justified it was, and him putting up a public fight is ugly for the program and could hurt us down the road. The realignment mess proved how much of a closed society college athletics are.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I wouldn't rule that out, for sure.

But the basis of this speculation is completely unfounded. As much as people hated Hathaway, people who actually knew Nicholls really liked him. To connect the two because they came from the same university is just ludicrous.

Reaction Score
But the basis of this speculation is completely unfounded. As much as people hated Hathaway, people who actually knew Nicholls really liked him. To connect the two because they came from the same university is just ludicrous.

But it doesn't rule out the fact that Herbst may have not liked something that he was doing, or that they didn't see eye to eye.

Reaction Score
But it doesn't rule out the fact that Herbst may have not liked something that he was doing, or that they didn't see eye to eye.

And that still is not reason enough to slam him like people on this board have been doing.

Reaction Score
My suspicion is that their visions differed regarding his perception of a Provost's overall role vs hers. Don't be surprised if she brings in an "Ivy or near Ivy" league replacment. And don't forget that there are a lot of new Presidents who would have tinkered on the margins with Hathaway. She sized things up quickly and made the surgical move. To put it simply and metaphorically, there's a brisk wind blowing through campus and if I held a position of authority at UConn, I wouldn't be sitting back in my leather chair, I'd be in an athletic stance, focused, and flexing forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom