Preseason Talk on the Huskies | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Preseason Talk on the Huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Burke is the only Michigan player to leave, I'm calling a UK/Michigan/MSU/UConn FF.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm generally a pessimistic fan ... Boat worries me a little, hopefully his decision making dramatically improves.
That being said, I'm glad we're unranked and not even in the 'others receiving votes' section of some polls. More to fuel the motivation.

Keep in mind that this was Boat's first full year at the point. His decision making should take a quantum leap forward, just like Bazz did (and just like Kemba did.) This team will play with a chip on their shoulder for much of the start of the season. That's a good thing. The pollsters are, albeit unknowningly, setting it up for greatness.

...of course... we are dooomed!

Reaction Score
"play with a chip on their shoulder" I think any good coach will use last years tournament ban as motivation to inspire the team.

Good points also on BoatShow.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that this was Boat's first full year at the point. His decision making should take a quantum leap forward, just like Bazz did (and just like Kemba did.) This team will play with a chip on their shoulder for much of the start of the season. That's a good thing. The pollsters are, albeit unknowningly, setting it up for greatness.

...of course... we are dooomed!

Well, Boat started off at the point, but Bazz quickly took over the primary point guard responsibilities. I wonder if his sharing or being secondary point guard to Shabazz might slow his progress. I hope he can learn to slow down a bit, keep his head up, learn to create more space to get his shot of easier, and start off trying to be more of a pass first player when at the point. I know he had to try to be a scorer last year, but I think he would develop better if he worked on distributing first.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well, Boat started off at the point, but Bazz quickly took over the primary point guard responsibilities. I wonder if his sharing or being secondary point guard to Shabazz might slow his progress. I hope he can learn to slow down a bit, keep his head up, learn to create more space to get his shot of easier, and start off trying to be more of a pass first player when at the point. I know he had to try to be a scorer last year, but I think he would develop better if he worked on distributing first.
True enough, Dog but I think that Ryan's decision making and vision is only going to improve. Bazz struggled with score/distribute dichotomy his soph year as well. I could be wrong and Boat could stagnate, but I doubt it.

Reaction Score
Goodman,Parrish or whatever other moron that does the CBS rankings doesn't know what he's talking about. Quite possibly the best backcourt in the nation returning with DD and KF coming in. Only question is the 5 spot with KF and Olander ect. Uconn should definitely be ranked to start next year, and could get as high as top 5 if all the pieces drop in place. Bazz should be in consideration for All American next year and hell with him and boat i could see a very deep run in march.

Reaction Score
The bigs take longer to develop and the ones we bring in are raw and not highly ranked. We're fans so we're optimistic but I can understand the pessimism. Having said that, now that UConn will be in the AAC, the schedule should be quite easier. We're getting Cinicy, UL, Memphis and Temple as the hard games, then a bunch of mid-majors. I'd be shocked if UConn has more than 5 losses next year.
Do you remember that OOC sched for 13/14??? It could be a tough row to hoe through that and conf. games with 5 losses only. Hope you're right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom