• Maryland

• Oregon State

• Texas AM

• Arkansas

Results are only viewable after voting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Basically I took ESPN's preseason top 25, and culled their top 15 teams for the choices. I realize there could be surprises, but I didn't want to list 25 choices thinking 1 person might vote for a low ranked team.

So you get to choose up to 4 picks. Plenty of choices, so I don't want to hear "well I really think Princeton will be in the final 4 so I couldn't vote" ;)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
These votes are invalid because there were no observers. Relax, that's a joke...
1604699965121.png

:rolleyes:, well, yeah, ok, sorta funny...

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Rhyne Howard with a serious chip on her shoulder becomes the beast to drive Kentucky to a surprise final four.

Reaction Score
Soooo, I know I live down the street from the Carrier Dome, but man, if Cardoso is good out of the gate, Engstler becomes one of the top players in the ACC, and Mangakahia is back to her old self, Syracuse could be a top-5 team.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Soooo, I know I live down the street from the Carrier Dome, but man, if Cardoso is good out of the gate, Engstler becomes one of the top players in the ACC, and Mangakahia is back to her old self, Syracuse could be a top-5 team.
As far as I'm concerned Syracuse and their poor excuse of coach can live in the cellar of the ACC for what they did to Stewie. Instead of hosting her for a homecoming game which would have had the most fans in the seats that season he decides to hold a grudge because she went to UConn. It's funny that her homecoming game had more people in the seats, standing room only, than the paltry 300 at Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Nope-

I mean top 5 in the country, my post was pretty clear. If you want to disagree and we can have a discussion, so be it. If not, save your sarcasm for someone else. Thanks.
I do disagree. Even IF Syracuse had enough athletes to get to top 5 (I don't believe they do) I don't think they have the coaching to get them there. But that's why they play the games, so let's see it.

BTW, interesting that the (admittedly questionable) swishappeal.com ACC projection in another thread has Syracuse at #8 - in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Maybe last year. Too young. Small roster. No post player. Maybe Sweet 16.

Next season might be another story.
I really like Angel, she has a lot of nasty to her game, and will probably be the 2nd best and most fun to watch freshman in the nation this year. She’s pretty unique and will probably have the ball in her hands a lot, one reason I think Mikesell transferred. Reese and Miller sound give the terps good size on the wings.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I really like Angel, she has a lot of nasty to her game, and will probably be the 2nd best and most fun to watch freshman in the nation this year. She’s pretty unique and will probably have the ball in her hands a lot, one reason I think Mikesell transferred. Reese and Miller sound give the terps good size on the wings.
It depends on how many transfers happen after this season. Maryland always seems to have one of the highest transfer rates lately.

Reaction Score
The early reports from practice (I haven't seen any of them) is Angel Reese is the real deal. Like Alyssa Thomas good and Thomas won Freshman of the year in the competitive ACC. Owusu, Miller and Reese could be a great threesome but are they better than Oregon, MSST, Louisville, NC State and Arizona?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I do disagree. Even IF Syracuse had enough athletes to get to top 5 (I don't believe they do) I don't think they have the coaching to get them there. But that's why they play the games, so let's see it.

BTW, interesting that the (admittedly questionable) swishappeal.com ACC projection in another thread has Syracuse at #8 - in the ACC.

Look, I, like many on this forum, am not a fan of Q. That said, he did bring the 'Cuse to a Final Four (ironically, the same Stewie Sr year) so he does know how to coach a bit. Let's not let our emotional buttons drown out the logic and evidence on certain programs not held in high regard on this this forum. Do I like Tenn/Texas Tech/Syracuse/ND/Purdue/UCLA/Vandy/tOSU...HELL NO but they have my begrudging respect. So to say "xxx" coach can't coach is a bit excessive. :cool:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
SC looks like the most obvious pick.

UCONN has a regional in Albany which always bodes well for them, although who knows if fans will be allowed. They have a really strong roster on paper. I think they're the next most likely.

I think Louisville has a great shot to make it this year too. Evans is one of the best players in the country, and I think Balogun/Dixon improve next year. Louisville has had F4 caliber teams the last 3 years so I think they'll be good again. ACC is also weak and their non-conf only has UCONN.

Stanford might be the deepest team in the country on paper but I'm not convinced they'll get back this year. I think a lot depends on if Haley Jones can be a star for Stanford this year or if it takes her another year or 2.

Baylor would be a likely pick based on their talent but Richards/Ursin being up in the air is a big question mark. The loss of Cox also can't be understated, and it sounds like they'll have a freshman PG. Knowing Baylor's history, this could spell another regionals exit like Mulkey struggled with from 2013-2018.

I would not be surprised to see a dark horse pick make the F4 this year, maybe the likes of Arizona, UCLA, Arkansas or NC State. All of those teams have a lot of experience back and solid coaching.

Kentucky also looks like a dark horse contender but I think they're more of a long shot too much. Mississippi State is going to be a heavier favorite preseason, but I think they'll ultimately finish in the 8-12 range again.

Oregon is probably the most intriguing team in the country this year since they have so many new and different faces and Graves is one of the best coaches.

Officially going with SC, UCONN, Louisville and Arizona to start the year.

Reaction Score
SC looks like the most obvious pick.

UCONN has a regional in Albany which always bodes well for them, although who knows if fans will be allowed. They have a really strong roster on paper. I think they're the next most likely.

I think Louisville has a great shot to make it this year too. Evans is one of the best players in the country, and I think Balogun/Dixon improve next year. Louisville has had F4 caliber teams the last 3 years so I think they'll be good again. ACC is also weak and their non-conf only has UCONN.

Stanford might be the deepest team in the country on paper but I'm not convinced they'll get back this year. I think a lot depends on if Haley Jones can be a star for Stanford this year or if it takes her another year or 2.

Baylor would be a likely pick based on their talent but Richards/Ursin being up in the air is a big question mark. The loss of Cox also can't be understated, and it sounds like they'll have a freshman PG. Knowing Baylor's history, this could spell another regionals exit like Mulkey struggled with from 2013-2018.

I would not be surprised to see a dark horse pick make the F4 this year, maybe the likes of Arizona, UCLA, Arkansas or NC State. All of those teams have a lot of experience back and solid coaching.

Kentucky also looks like a dark horse contender but I think they're more of a long shot too much. Mississippi State is going to be a heavier favorite preseason, but I think they'll ultimately finish in the 8-12 range again.

Oregon is probably the most intriguing team in the country this year since they have so many new and different faces and Graves is one of the best coaches.

Officially going with SC, UCONN, Louisville and Arizona to start the year.
I like that Arizona dark horse pick. They’ve got a lot of young talent coming in. Barnes gets them to play hard and if those kids grow up fast, who knows.

Reaction Score
That's not happening!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom