Preseason AP Poll | The Boneyard

Preseason AP Poll

Reaction Score
Drops today around noon! Certainly feels good to know we’ll be ranked, unlike the last two years when we were on the bubble.

Borges has us at 5 and I think we deserve to be around there, but wouldn’t be shocked at anything between 4-9.

Here’s his rankings; apologies for the lack of alternate access, couldn’t get the darn 12 foot ladder to work.

Reaction Score
2 Big 10 teams in the top 5? That conference has lots to prove. And everyone is in love with Marquette. Probably rightfully so. I believe they overachieved last year and will come back to earth.

Reaction Score
Thoughts:
  • #6 feels about right
  • the defending champ is almost always overrated the following year -- it's assumed that nothing can go wrong and all question marks will be answered
  • that said, we are bringing back two starters and another key reserve, while adding a top 25 transfer and a top 5 recruiting class

Bottom line -- this ranking will probably end up being a bit optimistic, but who knows.

Reaction Score
Thoughts:
  • #6 feels about right
  • the defending champ is almost always overrated the following year -- it's assumed that nothing can go wrong and all question marks will be answered
  • that said, we are bringing back two starters and another key reserve, while adding a top 25 transfer and a top 5 recruiting class

Bottom line -- this ranking will probably end up being a bit optimistic, but who knows.
I think in the transfer era this is less true. Everyone has just as many question marks as we do

Reaction Score
I think in the transfer era this is less true. Everyone has just as many question marks as we do
agreed - I think #6 is just about spot in if all our new pieces work out like we hope.

Reaction Score
Thoughts:
  • #6 feels about right

Turnover is so crazy for every team right now. Preseason rankings are going to be even more meaningless than usual. We'll know by the end of the Empire Classic what this team's potential is.

Reaction Score
The Big Ten love affair continues.. The only list Purdew should be ranked #3 is the NEC preseason poll.

That league really thinks they can rival 80s, 90s, and 00s Big east. Complete joke that conference
Don't be this guy. You're making all UConn fans look dumb by association

Reaction Score
I’ll be whoever I want. It’s satire. Don’t be the person who takes everything serious. You made yourself look dumb and weak by your triggered response. Such a Big Ten response.

Reaction Score
Turnover is so crazy for every team right now. Preseason rankings are going to be even more meaningless than usual. We'll know by the end of the Empire Classic what this team's potential is.
Bingo. You never knew how accurate predicting anything would be, but the process has largely gone from one of rational analysis based on how good you were last year and what holes you had to fill to little more than wild ass guesses.

Reaction Score
The Big Ten love affair continues.. The only list Purdew should be ranked #3 is the NEC preseason poll.

That league really thinks they can rival 80s, 90s, and 00s Big east. Complete joke that conference
Let the Big 10 have their fun in October, November, and December. We’ll be laughing at them, not with them, in March and April.

Reaction Score
Every year big10 dominates the rankings and never delivers. You’d think somebody might think twice but it’s all about driving hype and eyes to feed the money machine. Total joke show.

Reaction Score
And don’t give me the final four stuff. Outside an Ohio state football championship in 25 years has that league won anything? A bunch of third place finishes in such an overrated conference. They get 10 teams a year to get bounced early. Anyone who supports that conference I immediately de-value their opinion - such as yours.

Reaction Score
And don’t give me the final four stuff. Outside an Ohio state football championship in 25 years has that league won anything? A bunch of third place finishes in such an overrated conference. They get 10 teams a year to get bounced early. Anyone who supports that conference I immediately de-value their opinion - such as yours.
If we returned our entire starting lineup including the NPOY from a team that was a 1 seed we would riot if we weren't getting ranked high in preseason polls. Just because the middle of the Big Ten is overrated every year doesn't mean Purdue is not a really good team, and it's okay to admit that

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
6 is disrespect. Let’s use it. That being said, I love the BE this year. I have future bets on Us, MQ, Cr, and Nova.
Calm Down Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom