Preseason AP Poll | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Preseason AP Poll

Reaction Score
Boiler Up - Purdue
It makes for a unique college tradition. With all the consolidation and conference realignment - it's important that some college traditions survive.
I was at Purdue this weekend for the Ohio State game ....as expected they got smoked but incredible military flyover and Purdue all American marching band made it a great experience. Boiler Up!

Reaction Score
Does anyone know on average where the defending champs are normally ranked in the pre season? I’m assuming it’s usually 1-5, but maybe I’m wrong.
2022 - Kansas #5 in the following preseason rankings
2021 - Baylor #8
2019 - UVA #4
2018 - Nova #9
2017 - UNC #9

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Boiler Up - Purdue

If only I knew it was the Purdue Boilermakers. If only. It has horrible cringe to it.

Reaction Score
If only I knew it was the Purdue Boilermakers. If only. It has horrible cringe to it.
I think it's great. A lot of people think our chanting the spelling of UConn and then repeating the name three times is cringe and stupid. I also like that.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think it's great. A lot of people think our chanting the spelling of UConn and then repeating the name three times is cringe and stupid. I also like that.

At least UConn's cheer is organic and backed by championship banners. According to the article "Boiler Up" was the Purdue football coach literally taking the same phrase from when he was the coach at University of Wyoming and bringing it to Purdue.

Color me not impressed by mimicking Wyoming Cowboy's saying.

Reaction Score
They do? It’s one of the most iconic chants in Cbb history

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Because it's a Jets chant. As a long suffering Jets fan I will freely admit that I personally cringe when I hear UConn fans do it, oh I, I'll take part in it, gladly, but I cant help but always worry that somehow my favorite Huskies will be karmically tainted by the ill fortune of my dog ass Jets.

It's like that scene in Bronx Tale where Chazz has a towel put over Frankie Coffeecake head while C is shooting dice for him:

no, no, no, Not Frankie Coffee cake. No good. I don't want his face looking at that face when he's throwing my dice. no, no, no.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom