Preseason 2012 | The Boneyard

Preseason 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know what early season tourney we're in next year? I seem to recall seeing something on coaches v cancer or preseason nit but can't find anything on it...

Reaction Score
Thought i read somewhere that Uconn is going back to the Paradise Jam in St Thomas next year

Reaction Score
Thought i read somewhere that Uconn is going back to the Paradise Jam in St Thomas next year

Yep, along with New Mexico, Mercer University, Wake Forest, George Mason :)mad:), Iona, University of Illnois Chicago (UIC), and Quinnipiac University. Tournament of Champions...

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Yep, along with New Mexico, Mercer University, Wake Forest, George Mason :)mad:), Iona, University of Illnois Chicago (UIC), and Quinnipiac University. Tournament of Champions...
Shouldn't that be Tournament of Champion?

Reaction Score
I wish UConn played in more early season 'holiday classic' type NYC and Boston events. I like the tropical tournaments, but wish UConn had a few one-off games around Thanksgiving or Christmas. These games get on national tv and almost always sell out. Recruits also go to these big games.
The Battle 4 Atlantis is on HDNet and Versus, most people don't visit these channels regularly unless they want to see hour long Girls Gone Wild infomercials or hockey. Most in the New York market including me don't even get HDNet.
UConn is missing a great chance to reach further into the NY and Boston fan bases coming off a memorable BET and National Championship run.
Their only out of conference road game this year is in Knoxville, and they aren't winning any fans down there.

Reaction Score
I wish UConn played in more early season 'holiday classic' type NYC and Boston events. I like the tropical tournaments, but wish UConn had a few one-off games around Thanksgiving or Christmas. These games get on national tv and almost always sell out. Recruits also go to these big games.
The Battle 4 Atlantis is on HDNet and Versus, most people don't visit these channels regularly unless they want to see hour long Girls Gone Wild infomercials or hockey. Most in the New York market including me don't even get HDNet.
UConn is missing a great chance to reach further into the NY and Boston fan bases coming off a memorable BET and National Championship run.
Their only out of conference road game this year is in Knoxville, and they aren't winning any fans down there.
They have hour long Girls Gone Wild informercials on there? Damn, I didn't even know! :)

Reaction Score

There is no Boston event and they played in NYC in 2009 and will be back in 2013 I believe.

They schedule these a long way in advance so the NC has no effect in the decision making.

Reaction Score
Also you can only be in the same event once every four years. So they play the preseason NIT as much as they can.

Reaction Score
Also you can only be in the same event once every four years. So they play the preseason NIT as much as they can.

If you read the post I said one-off games. Duke played in MSG for coach K's 903 a few weeks ago, and is now in Maui. One-off games or home-and-homes can be scheduled in Boston as well. They played a home-and-home with Gonzaga in Boston and Seattle a few years back. Replacing a Hartford game with a NYC or Boston every year would not be a bad thing. I'm not saying take the high profile games out of Hartford, i'm saying add one every year.

Reaction Score
If you read the post I said one-off games. Duke played in MSG for coach K's 903 a few weeks ago, and is now in Maui. One-off games or home-and-homes can be scheduled in Boston as well. They played a home-and-home with Gonzaga in Boston and Seattle a few years back. Replacing a Hartford game with a NYC or Boston every year would not be a bad thing. I'm not saying take the high profile games out of Hartford, i'm saying add one every year.

Well your first sentence was "I wish UConn played in more early season 'holiday classic' type NYC and Boston events."

Which I responded too. The game for Duke in NYC versus Michigan State was also part of a preseason event, something you have to be invited too, I think it was called the Champions Classic.

Our game versus Gonzaga in Boston was part of the Hall of Fame challenge. Umass or BC played or maybe it was Umass/BC was the under-card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom