Pres. Herbst Playing Hostess... | The Boneyard

Pres. Herbst Playing Hostess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
There are many things to love about this.

1. As mentioned in numerous other threads, Kansas State President Schulz was the B12 Expansion Committee Chairman during the B12's last wave of expansion;
2. President Herbst did not parade this meeting all over Twitter or anywhere (unlike Cincinnati and Houston Presidents are known to do). Shows that she is meeting with the right people in the right conferences. One can only assume that she has had other similar, private meetings with B12 members;
3. President Schulz spent 3 days in NYC a few weeks after this meeting in Hartford. Ironically, his stay in NYC occurred around the same time that we played Maryland at MSG. We all know Warde was in NYC for the game (it might have been his papers that Ollie tossed onto the court)..but perhaps another meeting took place?

I still think that UConn and Cincinnati makes the most sense for the B12 to get to 12. FOX wants east and we give them a slice of NYC in addition to other coveted northeastern TV markets. Both play competitive football and hoops. UConn has better academics; Cinci has the larger endowment.

But we all know the first rule of CR: if it can kick UConn square in the sack, it will. I expect to see UCF invited with Cincinnati because "UConn's football is too good now".

Reaction Score
Something I forgot to mention a while back at MSG. I saw Herbst rolling into the game and going through security like a normal ticket holder. She was by herself with no one else around. It was super weird. I told her she was an awesome president and that a she was too important to be coming in through the front door. Then I realized I was a little drunk and said go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Something I forgot to mention a while back at MSG. I saw Herbst rolling into the game and going through security like a normal ticket holder. She was by herself with no one else around. It was super weird. I told her she was an awesome president and that a she was too important to be coming in through the front door. Then I realized I was a little drunk and said go Huskies.
She sits behind me at the XL for hockey...does the same thing. My wife has been in line for the restroom with her a few times. She sits with McHugh and some others...Warde sits up there too if he's not in the tunnel leading to the locker room (I sit right behind the bench next to the tunnel).

Dooley

Reaction Score
She sits behind me at the XL for hockey...does the same thing. My wife has been in line for the restroom with her a few times. She sits with McHugh and some others...Warde sits up there too if he's not in the tunnel leading to the locker room (I sit right behind the bench next to the tunnel).

I nominate Mrs FDNY99 to be President's Herbst's spy in the coming months. :)

Reaction Score

I expect all of us to LIVE up to the Ernie McCracken standard: YELL!! And then get tossed. Let President Herbst know we are passionately with her ... and she doesn't walk Alone.

Reaction Score
The K-State prez was in Hartford to watch his women's BB team play the UConn women at the XL Center on Nov. 23rd. Was there a hidden agenda? Hmmm.;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
@KState_Pres Thanks to @Conspiracy_Kitty for hosting @KState_1stLady & I for New Year's Eve catnip and scotch in NYC tonight- I look forward to hearing about more UConn!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Here's the OBVIOUS question.

What is the Kansas State president doing in Hartford for a Womens BB game. Many say Geno's team isn't worth warm spit. He is one of the prime gateways to our advance. We are a Brand. GA & KO plus resUrgent Football. Rose in rankings.

Now are we also in the peripheral vision of B1G.

Reaction Score
Here's the OBVIOUS question.

What is the Kansas State president doing in Hartford for a Womens BB game. Many say Geno's team isn't worth warm spit. He is one of the prime gateways to our advance. We are a Brand. GA & KO plus resUrgent Football. Rose in rankings.

Now are we also in the peripheral vision of B1G.

Auriemma urged legislators not to stop their investment in the university. "We've been through the darkest times …" he said. "Don't wake us up from this dream. Don't stop our momentum because we are on the edge of something unbelievable."

That was on April 14, 2015. Coincidentally (?), Skiblets' post was on April 11, 2015.

Mister Wonderful

Even when I think I’m wrong, I’m right
Reaction Score
You're crazy scott

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Did you go full Joe Namath?

Reaction Score
I like it but is it really news if one reporter cites another reporter? How many layers deep do we go? I suppose espin is famous for that. Reporting on their own reports.
Jarhead is it really news if he came on here and followed our threads...then paraphrased it sprinkling in quotes from other articles and a tweet from twitter...LOL

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FWIW, I have no problem with reporters getting story ideas from the Boneyard. There's a whole lot of information here and some of it is actually useful.

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs talked to Warde Manuel:

The billion-dollar question. For the love of God and state when is UConn going to get into the ACC, the Big Ten or the Big 12?

Manuel: "As far as realignment, we're going to be Connecticut. We've shown in the past, shown this year and will show in the future we can have success across the board. Great academic institution. With New York, our state, Boston, you've got 11 million television households. It's a strong place. We will continue to be great at what we do. If that [realignment] conversation wants to happen, it will. If not, we'll continue to represent the American in a very strong fashion."

Jeff Jacobs: The State Of State U. Sports
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-jacobs-column-0101-20151231-column.html

GG

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs talked to Warde Manuel:

The billion-dollar question. For the love of God and state when is UConn going to get into the ACC, the Big Ten or the Big 12?

Manuel: "As far as realignment, we're going to be Connecticut. We've shown in the past, shown this year and will show in the future we can have success across the board. Great academic institution. With New York, our state, Boston, you've got 11 million television households. It's a strong place. We will continue to be great at what we do. If that [realignment] conversation wants to happen, it will. If not, we'll continue to represent the American in a very strong fashion."

Jeff Jacobs: The State Of State U. Sports
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-huskies/hc-jacobs-column-0101-20151231-column.html
Intentionally vague.

Dooley

Reaction Score
About the XL Center:

"We are caught in the second of the two-year legislative calendar. At best [in 2016] we probably could get a budgetary adjustment related to the XL Center but not so much tied to a future XL. A year from now when we start a new legislative session we'd expect to get, if we're successful, to get the commitment to go hard on the full build over a period of years."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom