Preparing for a new, improved UConn football (Kidwai/Chamberlain Husky Football Forum Podcast) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Preparing for a new, improved UConn football (Kidwai/Chamberlain Husky Football Forum Podcast)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You are likely correct. What I want to see more than anything else, however, is the starter named well in advance of game week. That would indicate a clear winner in the competition, something we have not seen in quite awhile. And if that happened to be Fagnano, that would be a disappointment knowing the other candidates available.

Or a coaching staff which was willing to be decisive and make the decision early on in fall camp.

Reaction Score
Or a coaching staff which was willing to be decisive and make the decision early on in fall camp.
Any way you cut it, there isn't much game video of any of them floating around, so that excuse is not gonna cut it.

Reaction Score
When do players report to practice ...is it August 1st? This is the most excited I've been about hearing what comes out of preseason practice in years. Really hoping it gets some coverage

huskidork

bailey
Reaction Score
I don't think Fagnano gets it over Evers, I don't trust Fagnano much but I understand if you want a veteran with actual in game experience to take over.

Reaction Score
When do players report to practice ...is it August 1st? This is the most excited I've been about hearing what comes out of preseason practice in years. Really hoping it gets some coverage
Yes, I believe 30 days before the first game.

Reaction Score
Guessing that it is likely at this early juncture that Evers starts. But that could easily change.

Regarding Fagnaro, we all remember that opening scoring drive against NCST. And we all said, WOW, we'll take some more of that, thank you very much. Especially that third down bullet for completion and a first down into double coverage.

But we never got any more of that with the suddenly overly cautious play calling by the OC. So I am not totally convinced that we have a full data set on Fagnaro that would enable us to make a definitive eval on him.

Which is a long way of saying, lets just see how this plays out.

Reaction Score
Well sometimes coaches just like to play coy on the starter. When Dan Orlovsky was a senior, Edsall said something like there was competition for every job. Someone asked about quarterback and he replied Every job. I’ve seen it with others too. Everyone knows who the starter is. Everyone on the team knows. I don’t know if it is gamesmanship, trying to make sure the #1 doesn’t slack off or what. But it is pretty common not to “officially” name a guy until camp ends.

Reaction Score
If you are an average or below FCS QB with double figure starts its enough sample size to show you are not a FBS starting QB that is going to be a difference maker. He attempted 365 passes in 2022 with passing efficiency rating of 119.2 (#82) out of 102 FCS QB's rated.
If you are a FBS capable QB you should excel at FCS level, he did not. He has thrown over 750 passes over 5 years of college playing, plenty big enough sample size. As a comparison, Zach Frazer attempted only 562 passes in his entire UConn career.
Just win games.

Whoever starts has to win games. I don’t care. No playing for the future (nonsense). Win games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom