Preliminary Gold Cup Roster | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Preliminary Gold Cup Roster

Reaction Score
Reading comprehension.

Soooo, results don't really matter to you????

Arena wasn't anything special (regardless of what he thinks of himself), but, sorry to break this to you, neither was Klinsmann. I realize you're a Klinsy apologist, but you just need to move on. He's gone now. You can fanboy over his son now if you want.

You contradict yourself all over the place.

Reaction Score
You would think that we, as UConn fans, would learn that just because you do a lousy job picking someone's replacement doesn't mean that they shouldn't have been replaced . . .

You would think as UConn fans that after three coaches since a guy was replaced, with the same results that maybe it wasn’t just the manager after all.

Reaction Score
This little discussion with ESPN is not going to make anyone feel more confident in Berhalter. Basically, I'm doing it my way regardless of what the roster looks like and how the finished product on he field looks.

He even managed to get his response in. Since I know that sometimes answers are taken out of context, I have no comment, except that I am concerned about his priorities.

"Think of the players [MLS has] sold in the last five years. Think of the young talents we've attracted to this league in the last five years," he said. "Think of the quality of players we have. My last year in the league [playing in 2011] think of the strikers in the league at the time. Now look at the strikers in the league. It's a different level. When you think about all the national team players we have, the younger talents we have, the transfer fees we're paying, but also the transfer fees that we're taking in is great. It was never like that."

He’s clearly MLS’s guy. American players aren’t even the biggest standouts in their own league. And this guy wants to rely on them to win games.

Our best talent does not play in MLS.

If Sargent played for the Crew, Donkey Zardes would be on the bench.

Reaction Score
"I think when people talk about the past they get hung up with 2018, and that was a moment for us that wasn't great, but it was also a moment for us to learn.."

Based on decisions of USSF, it is becoming more clear that they've learned nothing.

Reaction Score
"I think when people talk about the past they get hung up with 2018, and that was a moment for us that wasn't great, but it was also a moment for us to learn.."

Based on decisions of USSF, it is becoming more clear that they've learned nothing.

Many in the federation do not believe that there is a problem and that we were inches away from qualifying and that all of this is a fluke.

Reaction Score
I'm really close to writing off the USMNT and sticking with my second teams Ireland and Lithuania. Sure, Lithuania sucks but at least they are supposed to. And Ireland, for all of their weaknesses, continue to fight like rabid dogs while the fans have a blast.
With the USMNT, like many have said, it's just one failure after another while they continue to pray to the almighty MLS Idol. Just sad, really. It's an embarrassment living in Germany.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I didn't give up on UConn FB when they hired Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? It was the last game of the group stage, we needed South Korea to beat Potrugal for crying out loud and they didn't need to win to go through. We were out until that late goal. Did Bruce buy you a beer or something?

No. Two Russians bought in Toronto ... or did I. That was a fun trip

Reaction Score
Team Canada’s starting XI has 4 MLS’ers and 7 guys playing in Europe for top division clubs in England, France, Germany, Scotland, Belgium, Turkey, etc.. and their guys are starting for those clubs. Cyle Larin (UConn guy, one of MLS top guys before transferring to Besiktas in TurkeY) can’t crack the starting lineup, and was not subbed in. Canada is on the up. No clue how they’ll do overall, but they’re not going to be an easy out anymore. They’ve got a few teenagers starting, too. Both are going to be very good players.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Team Canada’s starting XI has 4 MLS’ers and 7 guys playing in Europe for top division clubs in England, France, Germany, Scotland, Belgium, Turkey, etc.. and their guys are starting for those clubs. Cyle Larin (UConn guy, one of MLS top guys before transferring to Besiktas in TurkeY) can’t crack the starting lineup, and was not subbed in. Canada is on the up. No clue how they’ll do overall, but they’re not going to be an easy out anymore. They’ve got a few teenagers starting, too. Both are going to be very good players.

lotta gambling guys have been all over canada in gold cup

Reaction Score
Holmes out.

And replaced by yet another MLS player, Djordje Mihailovic, who has as many Yellow Cards as goals this MLS season.

USSF leader will be happy in that the USMNT now has representation half of MLS's teams (12 of 24). Now, if their marketing manager, Berhalter, was a bit less loyal to his former Crew players, that's 3 additional teams that could be covered since I think MLS is honestly surprised that there is a team still there.

1) Atlanta:
2) Chicago:
3) Cincinnati:
4) Columbus: Zack Steffen, Wil Trap, Gyasi Zardes
5) DC: Paul Arriola
6) Montreal: Daniel Lovitz
7) New England: Djordje Mihailovic
8) New York FC: Sean Johnson
9) New York RB: Aaron Long
10) Orlando:
11) Philadelphia:
12) Toronto: Micheal Bradley, Jozy Altidore

13) Colorado: Johnathan Lewis
14) Dallas: Reggie Cannon
15) Houston:
16) Kansas City:
17) LA Galaxy:
18) LA FC: Tyler Miller, Walker Zimmerman
19) Minnesota:
20) Portland:
21) Salt Lake:
22) San Jose: Nick Lima
23) Seattle: Christian Rodan, Jordan Morris
24) Vancouver:

Reaction Score
lotta gambling guys have been all over canada in gold cup

I’ve taken to calling it the MLSUSMNT.

Reaction Score
And replaced by yet another MLS player, Djordje Mihailovic, who has as many Yellow Cards as goals this MLS season.

Which might have something to do with an overall lack of speed. He stood out as one of the worst players on the field in a miserable performance overall. The guys who watched with me were praying he wouldn't be selected. Sargent needed to be on this squad as well.

What happened to Bobby Wood?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m getting more and more annoyed at Sargent being left off this roster (or not being with the U20’s at the World Cup). He’s missing a critical summer of International experience that would have greatly benefited his development, and potentially his stock in Germany. A good showing either gets him loaned out where he can regularly play, or gets him more in the mix with Werder Bremen.

What a wasted opportunity. Piss poor management... inexcusable.

Reaction Score

USSF leader will be happy in that the USMNT now has representation half of MLS's teams (12 of 24). Now, if their marketing manager, Berhalter, was a bit less loyal to his former Crew players, that's 3 additional teams that could be covered since I think MLS is honestly surprised that there is a team still there.

1) Atlanta:
2) Chicago:
3) Cincinnati:
4) Columbus: Zack Steffen, Wil Trap, Gyasi Zardes
5) DC: Paul Arriola
6) Montreal: Daniel Lovitz
7) New England: Djordje Mihailovic
8) New York FC: Sean Johnson
9) New York RB: Aaron Long
10) Orlando:
11) Philadelphia:
12) Toronto: Micheal Bradley, Jozy Altidore

13) Colorado: Johnathan Lewis
14) Dallas: Reggie Cannon
15) Houston:
16) Kansas City:
17) LA Galaxy:
18) LA FC: Tyler Miller, Walker Zimmerman
19) Minnesota:
20) Portland:
21) Salt Lake:
22) San Jose: Nick Lima
23) Seattle: Christian Rodan, Jordan Morris
24) Vancouver:
So Berhalter selected and started 3 guys (27% of the starters) from the 19th best team in MLS... that sounds about right. We are screwed.

Reaction Score
So when Berhalter gets canned, where does the program look next??

I doubt he will get canned. But I like Rafa Benitez. He proved he could do it at high budget and low budget clubs.

Reaction Score
So when Berhalter gets canned, where does the program look next??

Berhalter is Berhalter. Everyone knew what the USMNT was getting and why. Before any such change happens, USSF leadership needs a overhaul. Otherwise, it will be very difficult for any manager to be successful as the head of the USMNT.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Predictions?

Going predict that the team will come out pissed off and win 4-0. At least that is what the result should be against a team like Guyana.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom