Preliminary Gold Cup Roster | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Preliminary Gold Cup Roster

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Mexico did what Mexico does best last night, flops for a questionable PK (turns out to be the winner) in AET v Haiti.

you can go blind looking at the calls in this ‘tournament’

Reaction Score
Not saying he's "bad" at it, but it's not really his forte at this point in his career. And at this point in Bradley's and Trapp's careers, it's really their only forte.

But like I said I'd rather have him than them. Don't think GB agrees though.

Bradley excels at passing back to the center back.

Reaction Score
Ball movement has been really good so far, 10 minutes in. (Knocks on wood).

Reaction Score
Lightning/Weather delay... that sucks. US was pressuring the hell out of Jamaica.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Surprisingly, we made the final. So men and women play finals on Sunday. :D

Reaction Score
Good result. We make it a little more interesting than it needs to be some times, but they looked focused, prepared, and took control for long stretches. Pulisic and McKennie were just that much better than the 20 other players on the field last night/this morning. Zardes doesn’t need to be seen again (that miss was amazing, it’s one thing if it’s saved, off the woodwork, or a near miss, but that was terrible for a sitter 15 yards out).

It should be an interesting/entertaining one Sunday night. Mexico has been pretty inconsistent this tournament as well. Both teams trying to get settled under new management.

Sunday is shaping up to be a pretty nice day. Women’s World Cup early, walk down to the beach for a couple hours (weather permitting), home for the Copa final (Brazil v Peru), fire up the grill for dinner on the back deck (again, weather permitting), and end the day with the Gold Cup final. I just need to get my wife and her family on board with this plan.

Reaction Score
Thought Donovan Bailey was the best player on the field in the 2nd half. The talent level fall off is so big after him. Jamaica didn't put any shots on net.

Miazga has to do better on that header goal.

Pulisic and Mckennie are on a different level, but we knew that. Can't wait for Adams to join them. Midfield of the future.

Sunday should be an even match. Mexico hasn't exactly looked dominating, tho I think they have more speed than the US, and Bradley/trapp will get exposed.

Thoughts on Aaron Long? He looks pretty good? Same with Reggie Cannon.

Zardes...nothing to say, he shouldn't be called up after this. Thank you for your service.

Reaction Score
Thought Donovan Bailey was the best player on the field in the 2nd half. The talent level fall off is so big after him. Jamaica didn't put any shots on net.

Miazga has to do better on that header goal.

Pulisic and Mckennie are on a different level, but we knew that. Can't wait for Adams to join them. Midfield of the future.

Sunday should be an even match. Mexico hasn't exactly looked dominating, tho I think they have more speed than the US, and Bradley/trapp will get exposed.

Thoughts on Aaron Long? He looks pretty good? Same with Reggie Cannon.

Zardes...nothing to say, he shouldn't be called up after this. Thank you for your service.
I am quickly becoming a fan of Cannon. With a bit more confidence, he can be really good. Liked what I have seen in the few games he has played in this tournament so far.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Surprisingly, we made the final. So men and women play finals on Sunday. :D
Talk about having house men for announcers. "What a day for soccer! The women play early, the men play late and in between the MLS!"

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
feel like ream woulda helped in the last hex. seems a little misplaced
He had a great game against Liverpool a few months ago. That's why I've reevaluated him.

Reaction Score
Good result. We make it a little more interesting than it needs to be some times,
Had the Jamaican goal keeper been just a little more competent the game would have been ... far too interesting. Possibly even 1-1, at least after 90. Still think USA would have pulled it out eventually in extra time IMO. I did not see prior to the delay as a group of Mexicans were keen to keep the channel on Peru/Chile (even when Peru went up 3-0) in the apartment social area BUT I saw everything after the delay and they came out looking a little flat. Any way, Pulisic has a knack for being in the right place at the right time but both goals were quite a bit of luck too and due to poor goal keeper decisions. Won't have those situations vs Ochoa I feel.

Still, come on us, take out Mexico, I'll be on of the few fans watching in a sea of Mexicans!

Reaction Score
you can go blind looking at the calls in this ‘tournament’

Well, that would have little impact on CONCACAF referees since most are already blind.

On a side bar, looks like CONCACAF is finally starting to get serious about their infamous opposing goal kick chant noting that the continued use of such may result in penalties on the Mexican national team during the 2020 World Cup Qualifying cycle. Will CONCACAF go through with this? It would be crazy to see them playing at Estadio Azteca in front of no fans.

Of course, if FIFA was to really get serious about this issue, maybe they should be more selective as to who hosts the World Cup in the first place. Qatar, for example, is not a welcoming place for LGBT folks. Russia is not much better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom