Pregame in Hartford | The Boneyard

Pregame in Hartford

Reaction Score
I haven’t been out before an XL Center game in ages, largely due to our frequent noon starts. What are the best spots to grab lunch and a drink within walking distance of the XL Center? Thanks in advance.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Vaughn's on Pratt is nice. The Tavern on Ann is a bit more boisterous. If food is the concern I like Agave (BBQ Pork taco) and Vaughn's.

Reaction Score
I haven’t been out before an XL Center game in ages, largely due to our frequent noon starts. What are the best spots to grab lunch and a drink within walking distance of the XL Center? Thanks in advance.
Agave Grill is a fun place for drinks and food if you like Mexican. Parking on street or lots nearby and right next to XL

Reaction Score
Thanks. Another friend also suggested Vaughan’s, so that looks like the plan.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
did you call?
sometimes they open early on gamedays's
I checked their Facebook figuring that would be updated. They've been closed before in recent years so we've learned not to count on them.

Reaction Score
I like dish for brunch if you dont mind spending a little but extra. The crab cake Benedict is awesome.

Reaction Score
Thanks. Another friend also suggested Vaughan’s, so that looks like the plan.

it's the only legit bar on pratt street and it's small so get there early. there's also Trumbull Kitchen. slim pickins overall tho.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It’s kind of amazing there’s not a restaurant or two inside the XL complex but not necessarily in the Veterans Memorial Coliseum .

Reaction Score
it's the only legit bar on pratt street and it's small so get there early. there's also Trumbull Kitchen. slim pickins overall tho.

Vaughn's
The Russell
Trumbull kitchen
Dish
V's Trattoria
City Steam (confirmed open at 1pm)
Agave
The Tavern Downtown
Russian Lady
Artichoke Bassille

Slim pickings? How many bars do you need?

I think the new addition, Artichoke Bassille, you guys are missing out on. Just took over the old McKinnon's. Pizza slices and drinks. During the week happy hour goes till 7pm and they have $5 Toto's or rum cocktails.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think the new addition, Artichoke Bassille, you guys are missing out on. Just took over the old McKinnon's. Pizza slices and drinks. During the week happy hour goes till 7pm and they have $5 Toto's or rum cocktails.
Thanks, I was going to ask about them. Haven't been yet. BTW, you can get a nice meal at V's Trattoria. We went a few weeks ago. But for me it's more a pre-show than pre-game place.

Reaction Score
Ahh.... the run to Wendy's after Lord Jims to get a burger before the game.
Our home away from home when I worked at 242 Trumbull. I could go from work to Lord Jim's to the Uconn game without ever having to step outside.

Reaction Score
Vaughn's
The Russell
Trumbull kitchen
Dish
V's Trattoria
City Steam (confirmed open at 1pm)
Agave
The Tavern Downtown
Russian Lady
Artichoke Bassille

Slim pickings? How many bars do you need?

There's tons of places to go out around the arena. I was at Artichoke's tonight and it was sensational.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom