Predictions For Tonight | The Boneyard

Predictions For Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Background: Assumption was 22-8 overall, losing in the Division II Regional Semifinals. They were 18-4 in conference. Teams they beat included Southern Connecticut and New Haven.

The shot 45% overall , 34% from distance, and 68% on FTs. Interestingly, they got outrebounded on the season. They also had a negative assist to turnover differential.

Their two leading scorers are back: Kelly Meredith, 18.7 ppg. and Gabrielle Gibson, 12.6 ppg.

For a Division II team, they look pretty good.

My predictions: UConn wins by 110-48. We are too big, too fast, and too athletic. We have 5 double-digit scorers. Tiffany, Stefanie, and Kaleena will be unstoppable. No one plays over 25 minutes.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
it's awfully hard to make a guess against an overmatched opponent. clearly Geno will want to work on some things which is why even tho it will be a blowout, i expect to see all the starters around 25 MPG. i'm not sure if CD will play or not - is she cleared?

i agree with you in that KML, Tiff, Stef, Bria AND Kelly should all score double digits. i'm betting Kelly is right around 10 points and nabs 5 boards, 4 assists, and 3 steals to go along with the rest of her stellar game.

i'm gonna guess BB scores about 8, Kiah 6, Heather and Michala 5, and Lauren 4. i'm gonna say about 102-43

Tiff 18
Stef 16
Bria 15
KML 15
Kelly 10

If CD plays, take 1 point away from 8 people and give it to her. i still say we get about 102...

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
These pre-season games always make me cringe. I understand the need, but I feel for the opponents.

Reaction Score
I say Uconn by a bunch. I'm looking foward to seeing the Freshy's play.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Assumption I believe is a Catholic school. Very disiplined. In D2 theyve always put a good team on the floor. Againest UConn I see little hope. What Im looking for tonight and in our next game is execution. No run and gun. I want to see Tiffany hit her outside shots and make plays for everybody else. Bria to score inside and out. Stef will dominate. Most importantly play good team ball, good passing, good cuts. When I see these exhibition scores and see lousy stats except for individual scoring thats not executing BB. Its running the other team out of the gym. This is a very good UConn team and one of the reasons I see them going along way.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
OMG!! You people are going to be mighty embarrassed when Assumption pulls off the upset, aren't you? And that could happen! If, no- WHEN it does, I'll be right here to rub it in your faces. :mad:

Just kidding... UConn by a million. :D
GO HUSKIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
"i'm not sure if CD will play or not - is she cleared?"

Nope. She's too old!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Assumption I believe is a Catholic school. Very disiplined. In D2 theyve always put a good team on the floor. Againest UConn I see little hope. What Im looking for tonight and in our next game is execution. No run and gun. I want to see Tiffany hit her outside shots and make plays for everybody else. Bria to score inside and out. Stef will dominate. Most importantly play good team ball, good passing, good cuts. When I see these exhibition scores and see lousy stats except for individual scoring thats not executing BB. Its running the other team out of the gym. This is a very good UConn team and one of the reasons I see them going along way.

Yep, execution. And Assumption and Pace are getting executed. :)

Seriously, it is a reasonable dress rehearsal. Different opponent. Regular arena. Big crowd. Get some of the rust off and jitters out of the way. It's a measuring stick. Stanford is only a few games away.

Reaction Score
__________POINTS
Kaleena...............21
Tif.......................16
Brianna..............16
Stef.....................14
Bria.....................11
Kelly....................9
Kiah....................8
Michala...............6
Lauren................6
Heather..............3

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
__________POINTS
Kaleena...............21
Tif.......................16
Brianna..............16
Stef.....................14
Bria.....................11
Kelly....................9
Kiah....................8
Michala...............6
Lauren................6
Heather..............3
I largely agree. That's a little higher than I would go for Banks, but she might just blow by people a few times. So Kaleena shoots 7-7 on threes! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom