Predictions for last 5 games | The Boneyard

Predictions for last 5 games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm thinking 3-2 with losses to Cinci and Georgetown...the one that really scares me, though is Providence. They always give us fits, but I'm hopeful that Bazz won't let the season end like that.

caw

Reaction Score
Georgetown is going to be interesting. Great defensive team, horrid offensive team. I mean horrid. UConn can beat them but it will be similar to the Cincy game,very physical and a rock fight.

Cincy will be fighting for an NCAA berth, that alone makes it a tough game.

PC is streaky, and should be fighting for an NIT berth, if not its their NCAA championship game.

DePaul, of they press, should be a win.

USF has played a ton of close games, so I would t be shocked if this was also a close game.

5-0 is extremely possible, with 2-3 being the downside.

Reaction Score
I will consider this season a major success if we reach 20 wins. That said I think it's possible to go 4-1

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Beat Georgetown, lose to Cincy, barely beat Providence, beat USF and Depaul. The last two can be very close games.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm thinking either 3-2 or 2-3. I think every game is close. This season has already far exceeded my expectations and I think the loss of Wolf, while not terribly productive on offense, makes our already thin post presence almost nonexistent. I tend to lean more towards 2-3 but we will see soon enough!

Reaction Score
DePaul should be tough tomorrow, simply because of the emotional OT win last night. We should prevail though. We will be underdogs at Cnci, and home vs G'town. The G'town game is at Gample and is winnable, tough, but winnable. We should be the favorites at USF.
The Providence game is at Gample, and is our seasons finale. We should be extremely pumped for our finale. No way do we lose this game to our neighbors to the east.
Worst case scenario is 3-2. Best case is 4-1.

Reaction Score
4 wins

Ever time I think we have no business winning a game, we do. Having said that, I'm shocked that teams just don't pound it inside on use. Cinci was getting easy baskets from the baseline last night and we couldn't stop them.

Without Wolf, we are a few quick fouls away from now inside presence. All of the next teams that we will play will have a better front court than us. We ususally play pretty good perimeter defense, so why not go inside on us all the time. Most times the other team can play volleyball until the ball goes in. And of course we have to shoot better than 33% from 3 to win and make our free throws.

I think teams that have played us already will have an advantage and know how to score and defend us now. Therefore, I think the Cinci, Providence will beat us. Depaul and USF will be toss ups. We can beat GT, but we will need to play our A game.

So, I'm going with 2-3 to finish the year at 20 - 11. 10-8 in the BE. Which would be a very successful year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom