Predictions for FSU-Uconn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Predictions for FSU-Uconn

Reaction Score
newsflash... dawgs made the strategic leap last game. alterique became the point guard, and the rest? get to your spots, and make your shots. 'rique will be dishin' and the rest will be swishin.' huskerdoo hooperoo--bow,wow,wow. UConn by six.
Trippin the tale.

Reaction Score
I’m hoping FSU overplays their hand. They know they have a significant advantage down low, and I hope their bigs force it to a fault. I think Carlton will finally have a solid showing against a better team (I trust his defense over Cobb’s). Need Adams and Gilbert to BOTH bring their good stuff. And in a perfect world, Brendan Adams and T. Smith can get their bigs into foul trouble with their physical drives to the basket. If Vital stays under 2 turnovers, he’s my prediction for Player of the Match (Gonna need those rebounds!)

But on a more realistic approach, I see us losing by 10. Coming off a 14-18 season, beating a team ranked 11th might be a little too much to ask of Mr. Hurley.
Will this game be graded on a curve?

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It really comes to down to us having to make 3s like we did against the Cuse.

Reaction Score
Reduce turnovers, rebound and shoot 3s.

We may be destroyed in the paint but the 3s may offset that with more possessions and a fast paced game. Polley, AG, JA and CV needs to shoot 50% or better combined to win.

Good guys win by 5.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I want to be cautious with this one as fsu is better than Iowa. I think UConn will show improvement but lose something like 74-63 or 77-68 or something...never really in it but never fully out of it. Kinda like that constant 4 to 8 point deficit UConn face vs zona but this one will be more like 8 to 12.
You were spot on.

Reaction Score
I think if we shoot the 3 well, and stay reasonably close to them on the rebounding end we will win this game. Their bigs will provide a big challenge for us. Interested to see how it plays out.
That was certainly wishful thinking but true. Additional issues with turnovers and FT shooting...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom