Predictions for FSU-Uconn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Predictions for FSU-Uconn

Reaction Score
I was just reading the Noles scouting report and had no clue UConn was 18th in rebounding percentage. That’s staggering, I thought rebounding was going to be our worst stat this year. Also said UConn shot terribly from three in our 2 big time losses so maybe if we shoot hot from three we have a chance

6/9 games have been against super cupcakes . More cupcakey than usual. And Arizona doesn't go after o-boards.

3 top 50 teams and 6 below 225 teams.

But we're hitting the offensive boards pretty hard compared to previous recent seasons.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Comes down to Hurley and AG. If someone’s struggling like Gilbert was against Zona #brickcity, yank him out. We really need him to distribute the ball for us. IMO Any guard can be our x-factor. Polley has been playing solid the last couple games. I wouldn’t be surprised if Cobb got the start as he steps up in big games. Keep Yakwe further down the bench (sorry man). Let’s not forget Sid. He has yet to breakout. If we gel, make shots, limit turn overs and fouls we win.

JA - 20pts
CV - 17
Polley - 10
SW - 9
Cobb - 8
AG - 8 but w/ dimes!
TS - 5
BA - 4
JC - 4

85-77 good guys.

Reaction Score
Prior to season, I was hoping to somehow win 2 of our 5 ooc games v the P5 teams & I would be happy based on where we are; somehow need to get either this one or 'nova for that. Now that season is underway, seems like the 'nova game might be more realistic than this one. Let's get to the 4 minute mark in 2nd half close & take our chances - we are due to get one of these down to the buzzer games..

Reaction Score
I would love to see a strong defensive performance in this one and hold them under 40 percent from the field, I think if they can do that they will a shot. Uconn is really going to struggle to score in this one, FSU typically smothers teams that penetrate a lot.

Reaction Score
Villanova held the to 60 points. If we can control mental breakdowns we win. Villanova doesn’t have a ton of size either. FSU turns it over a fair amount.
UConn 74
Fsu 71
I agree that Nova did a great job in that game of staying nearly even on the boards, and being quicker than Florida State. That is our hope tomorrow.

Reaction Score
UConn is +8 for tmrow which is what we all probably expected. I think it’s winnable but it wouldn’t be the worst loss

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Really? When? Not to kill Jalen but how many games has he led UConn to a big upset win? Syracuse and I can't think of another.
you're right ja has been a disappointment. He has done squat. Every sophomore has gone to Hawaii and dominated Every marginal player has been 1st team all league and 2nd all league his junior year. And Uconn has no upsets in last 3 seasons that's all on JA

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
They turn the ball over more than us so I think we’ll get out on the break and get easy buckets. That’s a given. The game comes down to 3 pointers and ball security. Will be a blow out if we contain their bigs. But that would literally be the best day ever.
FSU 80 UConn 72

Reaction Score
Of the best five OOG I thought this was the least winnable.
Our guards have been a little of a defensive disappointment to me so far this year.
For us to negate their interior superiority our guards have to get into the counterparts heads.
If we can do that we have a chance but so far both Iowa and Ariz have had only minor problems with. disruptions to their offense
I did miss the second half of the Az game. The scoring seemed like we tightened up. But FSU is better than AZ.
It would be a great win if we
People don't realize how important drawing fouls is.

Jalen has had an amazing season finishing in the paint so far this year, but he's Xavier Laflamme from Goon. He's so not physical that he hurts his own efficiency. Hanging in the air, euro-stepping, etc. He makes a lot of tough shots, but he TAKES a lot of tough shots because he doesn't draw fouls when in a slight advantage or neutral situation. He's a career 48% 2 point shooter, which is good for a PG. But Shabazz in his senior year drew fouls at a rate roughly 3x the rate Jalen is currently. And Napier hit 88% of them.

So yes, Jalen would also need to up his 3 point game, but the FT attempts is also a big part of it, especially in the tournament. Shabazz went to the line at least 4 times every game in the NCAA tournament (including 8 and 9 attempt games) until the title game he only went twice. Jalen has been to the line 4 times twice in 9 games this year, and only about 1/3 of the games since the start of last year.
get JA to the FT line 5-6 times a gam and it’s a different season.

Reaction Score
If we can uptempo the game and take away their halfcourt advantage in the frontcourt, I think we have a shot. In a halfcourt game, I see the good guys coming up 6 to 10 points short.

Reaction Score
you're right ja has been a disappointment. He has done squat. Every sophomore has gone to Hawaii and dominated Every marginal player has been 1st team all league and 2nd all league his junior year. And Uconn has no upsets in last 3 seasons that's all on JA
Never said that. Show me where I said that? Just said he's not Shabazz. Shabazz was a first team AA his senior year. He lead UConn to a bunch of big wins. Jalen hasn't done that. Is it all his fault? Of course not.

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
To me it all comes down to ball pressure:

If the refs let us play on ball pressure D like we can do so well and not “foul us out of our game”, we’ll have a really good chance for a W

Reaction Score
Never said that. Show me where I said that? Just said he's not Shabazz. Shabazz was a first team AA his senior year. He lead UConn to a bunch of big wins. Jalen hasn't done that. Is it all his fault? Of course not.

The guy throws hissyfits all the time.

We all knew what you meant and it was no slight to Jalen. Bazz was a first team all american that hit clutch shots routinely and led UConn to a National Championship. No UConn player has been close to that level since. Stating that is in no way a slight to Jalen.

Reaction Score
The guy throws hissyfits all the time.

We all knew what you meant and it was no slight to Jalen. Bazz was a first team all american that hit clutch shots routinely and led UConn to a National Championship. No UConn player has been close to that level since. Stating that is in no way a slight to Jalen.
Exactly. Just because I'm saying one player isn't as good as another doesn't mean I'm putting down the other player. If I said Shabazz wasn't as good as Kemba would that be a slight to Shabazz?

Reaction Score
Preface: I have not watched FSU this year. They have 3 top 100 recruits, with their 3rd being number 100. Not great. Unfortunately, I think we do too. I am not seeing the stats that show they have a great front court. They have 1 productive big and I am familiar with Christ as we recruited him. All of their talent in recruiting rankings lies in their back court, starting with Walker, who was in the Alterique, Jalen tier. From what I have gathered in reading, this is going to be a beastly defensive team without a ton of offensive talent. Think ACC Cinci. Not sure who will win but I will be shocked if either team wins by 10+.

Mann seems to be their best player. Another Tilton kid who we scouted early and wasn't good enough for an offer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom