Predict score vs. Univ. of Tampa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Predict score vs. Univ. of Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Will we be able to watch this game online?

Reaction Score
Major league baseball teams don't spend a month and a half after spring training playing AA teams.

If they are going to charge full freight to season ticket holders no reason not to play D-1 teams.

Maine, New Hampshire and Furman seem plenty easy enough to screw around against.

The alternative is much better. Play legitmate games.

Take this argument to Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Major league baseball teams don't spend a month and a half after spring training playing AA teams.

If they are going to charge full freight to season ticket holders no reason not to play D-1 teams.

Maine, New Hampshire and Furman seem plenty easy enough to screw around against.

The alternative is much better. Play legitmate games.

Ridiculous argument this has been the way for every team for how many years? Let it go, teams play cupcakes so enjoy, some more than others. Our guys have a great schedule this year.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ridiculous argument this has been the way for every team for how many years? Let it go, teams play cupcakes so enjoy, some more than others. Our guys have a great schedule this year.

There is really no defense for college basketball exhibitions. If you don't mind getting ripped off more power to you - but it's a joke.

Reaction Score
There is really no defense for college basketball exhibitions. If you don't mind getting ripped off more power to you - but it's a joke.

Sell them then. I know you can't but it's your team right? New guys, new look always good to see them as they begin the journey and learn to play as a team. If you're a fan you're a fan, if not I guess it's a rip off.

Reaction Score
Yeah two 'exhibitions' at full price before playing another 6 teams with no hope of being competitive.

90% of the games before January are exhibitions. Maybe scale back on exhibitions.

College basketball exhibitions are so dumb it's painful - for example... they could just play actual games.
By NCAA rule you cannot play exhibition games against D1 teams, so what's your problem? It doesn't count, which is why they call it an exhibition game, it's like watching an open practice. If you don't want to pay to watch it, don't.

Reaction Score
with four new players, all whom will be in rotation, the early games matter as roles are defined.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing from the comments @whaler11 is making that the exhibitions are included as part of the season ticket package. I can see how that would be irritating (I think the NFL does it the same way).

I don't have a problem with the existence of the exhibition games. But they should be general admission, IMO.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I'm guessing from the comments @whaler11 is making that the exhibitions are included as part of the season ticket package. I can see how that would be irritating (I think the NFL does it the same way).

I don't have a problem with the existence of the exhibition games. But they should be general admission, IMO.
Yes the exhibitions are included with the season ticket packages and are the full $30 price when they should be more like $10-$15 a ticket.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
73-55 but...

I think there will be at least 2 runs where UCONN looks like world beaters outscoring them 10-0, but i also think there will be several minutes where we can't hit the broadside of the barn and they drain some 3's.

I'm less concerned about the margin of victory and hope that the coach finds some combinations that work really well. Obviously our team would look different if we were playing Villanova vs. a team like Pitt. Find what works, and then make it better. Find what doesn't work and then fix it...

Reaction Score
i live right down the street from Univ. Tampa, these guys are good ...they'll give us a good run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom