Predict score vs. Univ. of Tampa | The Boneyard

Predict score vs. Univ. of Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
November 1st fellas, a week away.

Division 2 team with a record of 18-10 last year. Relatively high scoring last year had three guys average between 15-17ppg each but they lost two to graduation.

83-70 Uconn

First game for everyone and a lot of trial and error with players and play calling. I have seen too many close call expeditions in years past.

Last edited:

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
82-50, shouldn't even be that close.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Predict score a full week away from the game? Is someone anxious for the season?
If most are posting on the boneyard and following recruiting news, talking hoops, killing time etc in the offseason from April to October when no games are being played I'd say most have been anxious for more than week for the season to start. A week seems reasonable here.

Reaction Score
If most are posting on the boneyard and following recruiting news, talking hoops, killing time etc in the offseason from April to October when no games are being played I'd say most have been anxious for more than week for the season to start. A week seems reasonable here.
No sh#t. CT might have best looking women, but also has the least sarcastic men

Curiouser
Reaction Score
We had a layover in Tampa en route to New Orleans last week. There is a Cigar City Brewpub in the Tampa airport.

Tampa wins.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
65-40 on an ugly shooting start but will get to the rim with relative ease.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That they play these games is offensive. They may as well just steal credit card numbers and run up charges at gas stations.

Reaction Score
I think our Offense will take a HUGE step forward this year. I'm looking at 95-45

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That they play these games is offensive. They may as well just steal credit card numbers and run up charges at gas stations.
It's an exhibition. It's exactly what it's supposed to be. Same thing as Marathon Oil, etc. Everyone does it in every sport in one form or another, and have for time immemorial.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It's an exhibition. It's exactly what it's supposed to be. Same thing as Marathon Oil, etc. Everyone does it in every sport in one form or another, and have for time immemorial.

Yeah two 'exhibitions' at full price before playing another 6 teams with no hope of being competitive.

90% of the games before January are exhibitions. Maybe scale back on exhibitions.

College basketball exhibitions are so dumb it's painful - for example... they could just play actual games.

Reaction Score
We will be one of the highest scoring teams in the country,

Curiouser
Reaction Score
College basketball exhibitions are so dumb it's painful - for example... they could just play actual games.
I disagree. I think there's a value in being able to screw around with things and experiment for a couple game against someone other than the practice squad under simulated game conditions, but when it doesn't count.

If people want to pay to attend or watch, they do; if not, they don't. I've attended or paid to watch on Husky Vision plenty of times just to see our players in action again, simply because it's better than the alternative many times and it gives me the chance to kid myself that I am a good enough scout to make projections for the season. But I don't go out of my way if I have something else to do.

People plan entire trips around Spring Training for baseball. I think we can entertain a couple exhibition games and a mostly cupcake diet for a little while. It certainly isn't going to change in the foreseeable future.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I disagree. I think there's a value in being able to screw around with things and experiment for a couple game against someone other than the practice squad under simulated game conditions, but when it doesn't count.

If people want to pay to attend or watch, they do; if not, they don't. I've attended or paid to watch on Husky Vision plenty of times just to see our players in action again, simply because it's better than the alternative many times and it gives me the chance to kid myself that I am a good enough scout to make projections for the season. But I don't go out of my way if I have something else to do.

People plan entire trips around Spring Training for baseball. I think we can entertain a couple exhibition games and a mostly cupcake diet for a little while. It certainly isn't going to change in the foreseeable future.

Major league baseball teams don't spend a month and a half after spring training playing AA teams.

If they are going to charge full freight to season ticket holders no reason not to play D-1 teams.

Maine, New Hampshire and Furman seem plenty easy enough to screw around against.

The alternative is much better. Play legitmate games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom