Precious NBA Top 100 Mixtape | The Boneyard

Precious NBA Top 100 Mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

At about 2:00 he's getting his head to the rim in traffic, with what looks like pretty minimal effort. I don't think there's a better athlete in this class.

I think he's about 6'9 215 now. I think he projects better than anyone in the 2019 class to the NBA. His size to play/guard the 3/4 is at a premium right now in the league. A modern Rudy Gay or a more athletic Mook, maybe?

Ignore the stupid Durant comparison. That is awful, haha

Reaction Score

At about 2:00 he's getting his head to the rim in traffic, with what looks like pretty minimal effort. I don't think there's a better athlete in this class.

I think he's about 6'9 215 now. I think he projects better than anyone in the 2019 class to the NBA. His size to play/guard the 3/4 is at a premium right now in the league. A modern Rudy Gay or a more athletic Mook, maybe?

Ignore the stupid Durant comparison. That is awful, haha

Rudy Gay was much more athletic in college/high school than Precious. Precious is a good athlete, but Rudy was just a freak.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
#3 running the point on his team is Dawes another prospect we are are prioritizing. To me Achiuwa is like a better version of Stanley Robinson, who was also a 5 star coming out of high school. Just an athletic freak who is a little raw.

UconnU

Reaction Score
I don’t want to place a lot of pressure on Hurley early, but we need this kid. We need to capatilize on all the new coach hype.
What we need is to land that first top-100 type kid to make a statement that UCONN is back. Once we get one it will be easier to get others.

Reaction Score
I havent Seen much actual game footage. But I imagine The question is how well does he shoot and handle it. To say his game translates better then anyone in 2019 to the nba is a stretch.

UconnU

Reaction Score
I havent Seen much actual game footage. But I imagine The question is how well does he shoot and handle it. To say his game translates better then anyone in 2019 to the nba is a stretch.
Yea he's a combo forward in the NBA. A stretch in the college but if we need to promise him time at the 3 to land him than we do it. He's the best defender in his class imo.

Reaction Score

I should have said "as well as anyone"

I'm really high on him as a prospect.

Reaction Score
As far as player comparisons I see a really young Carmelo. People forget how lethal a young Carmelo was ripping baseline and attacking the rim with such a quick and strong first step. I see that in Precious

C

Chief00

I am all caught up in the grind to get the dude and I am not even thinking about 10 years down the road.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Good handle for a non-guard.

pj

Reaction Score
He really uses his strength and agility well to get wherever he wants. Good handle, but it doesn't hurt that he can go from the 3 point line to the basket with one dribble, or 3/4 court on 3 dribbles. In olden times there would have been some travel or palming calls, but he moves like an NBA player, which is impressive for a high school kid. Clearly he's watched film and modeled his game on the top NBA stars. Probably had high quality coaching too.

Reaction Score
He is a blur in the post right now. He’s the same size as most 4s, but stronger and quicker than most. Big time mismatch, even with a shaky jumper.

Reaction Score
I'd love to give him a chance to have a DHam role, point forward. But obviously be better than Hamilton

Reaction Score

Courtside's mix of his summer

#1 pick potential. I've watched maybe 5-6 of his games.

Jumps and finishes well off both feet, but consistently landing on two, even with contact.

Scoring in a bunch of ways, just needs a year or two to refine his skillset. The building blocks are all there; you can tell he's been well coached.

Super, super athletic. Could be our most athletic recruit since Rudy. Rudy had more IQ and was more coordinated and fluid, but precious is crazy powerful and absorbs contact exceptionally well.

Aaron Gordon? Skinnier but taller at the same age?

Reaction Score
Yea he's a combo forward in the NBA. A stretch in the college but if we need to promise him time at the 3 to land him than we do it. He's the best defender in his class imo.

I would say hes the best defender when locked in. He tends to drift in aau at times. 5+ games a weekend will do that to kids who rely on strength and hops. Partly why aau is so guard heavy.

Also of note:

He drives outside the defender almost all the time in games. That becomes easier to scout. Hurley is big on attacking middle, so that will be an adjustment.

He has a nice counter when driving right, hasnt developed it going left yet.

Shot is fundamentally not terrible. A little awkward set point, but not bad at all.

I really, really like this kid. I don't think there's anyone with a higher ceiling in the class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom