Precious Achiuwa | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Imagine Achiuwa and Delaire on the wings? It's looking like a real possibility right now! Our lineup could easily look like AG, CV, JD, PA, JC in 2019. No AAC team is competing with that line up.
Is Delaire the type of talent that would start year 1? I imagine Sid Wilson will have one of the wing spots on lock.

C

Chief00

Is Delaire the type of talent that would start year 1? I imagine Sid Wilson will have one of the wing spots on lock.
Quite frankly, Sid is one of the guys Hurley’s contact practices should help the most. To be able to finish strong when no fouls are being called - one learns to want to put that extra effort in the weight room.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
In my opinion Delaire would start year one just based on his offensive skill set. He can score in so many different ways, I dont see how you wouldn't start him.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
In my opinion Delaire would start year one just based on his offensive skill set. He can score in so many different ways, I dont see how you wouldn't start him.

The recruiting service most high on him (TOS) has him at 71st in the nation. He's probably the 2019 recruit I most want them to land, and he should become a great player if he matriculates here, but...if a recruit ranked 71st overall is starting from day one at a program like UConn, something has most likely gone very wrong.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The recruiting service most high on him (TOS) has him at 71st in the nation. He's probably the 2019 recruit I most want them to land, and he should become a great player if he matriculates here, but...if a recruit ranked 71st overall is starting from day one at a program like UConn, something has most likely gone very wrong.
Especially a 6'9 shooting guard who can score at 3 levels.

Reaction Score
The jury is still out on the current roster, but I doubt Delaire would start over Wilson or Polley, and you could add Achiuwa to that list too if he ends up committing.

Reaction Score
I can say with a certain level of confidence that we are in really good shape here. Just keep your fingers crossed guys.
We seem to be in a good position with him. It would be quite the statement if Hurley lands him in his first class

Reaction Score
Delaire is very good and I really want him here but why would you want him even more than Achiuwa?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Delaire is very good and I really want him here but why would you want him even more than Achiuwa?

Achiuwa is unarguably a better player and I'd be very happy to see him in a UConn uniform. I think getting a New England kid like Delaire to come in and show out would be a huge help in rebuilding our reputation on the recruiting trail up here, and Hurley is probably operating with more of a deficit when it comes to NE recruiting as opposed to NJ recruiting. Either would be a great addition to the program (hell, why not sign both?), and Achiuwa has advantages over Delaire as a player, but re-cornering NE is a huge priority to me.

Reaction Score
Achiuwa is unarguably a better player and I'd be very happy to see him in a UConn uniform. I think getting a New England kid like Delaire to come in and show out would be a huge help in rebuilding our reputation on the recruiting trail up here, and Hurley is probably operating with more of a deficit when it comes to NE recruiting as opposed to NJ recruiting. Either would be a great addition to the program (hell, why not sign both?), and Achiuwa has advantages over Delaire as a player, but re-cornering NE is a huge priority to me.

I think this a reasonable answer, and the obvious outcome to hope for is to sign both.

However, if I had to choose between the two, I'd still rather have Achiuwa.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I like the idea of signing both.

Reaction Score
I think this a reasonable answer, and the obvious outcome to hope for is to sign both.

However, if I had to choose between the two, I'd still rather have Achiuwa.

And, just to be clear, the reason I say this is, if we land players like Achiuwa consistently we won't have any problems recruiting New England, or anyplace.

Reaction Score
I hear you but getting Achiuwa would send a shot across college basketball that UConn basketball is back and would surely bring in more recruits. Talent begets more talent.

pj

Reaction Score
What's going to attract New England players more, a New England college that gets top 5 players from the northeast, or a New England college that gets top 100 players from Connecticut? I would think your typical Massachusetts player would be more impressed by the former.

Reaction Score
Can we unlock the Delaire thread so we can talk about how he met with Coach K today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom