Precious Achiuwa | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Precious Achiuwa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I understand debating which of two potential recruits we would want more. I don't understand that discussion not focused entirely on who is going to help us win more games. I guaranty you that is what the Staff is focused on. The rest will take care of itself.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I understand debating which of two potential recruits would want more. I don't understand that discussion not focused entirely on who is going to help us win more games. I guaranty you that is what the Staff is focused on. The rest will take care of itself.

I know what you're getting at, and I don't disagree, but the idea is that getting a kid like Achiuwa opens up more doors to other elite recruits. Delaire would probably directly contribute to more wins because he'd be here for longer, but Achiuwa could have an indirect effect if he committed here, balled out, and is drafted highly.

Reaction Score
Would be a great start to the Hurley era if he commits. A real statement that we are on the way back.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Delaire is very good and I really want him here but why would you want him even more than Achiuwa?
I'd rather have the 6-foot-9 shooter who's probably a 3-year player than the 6-foot-8 'tweener who's likely a one-and-done.

But truth be told I'd like to have both.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I'd rather have the 6-foot-9 shooter who's probably a 3-year player than the 6-foot-8 'tweener who's likely a one-and-done.

I'm not so sure Achiuwa is an obvious one and done, he's only been playing basketball for 4 years. He has a high upside but needs more development.

Reaction Score

Achiuwa isn’t really a tweener. He’s a 6’9 wing

UconnU

Reaction Score
No way does precious start the 3 in college. That would be a moronic coaching decision
We started Rudy and Stanley at the 3, similar type of prospects.

pj

Reaction Score
We started Rudy and Stanley at the 3, similar type of prospects.

And the team suffered for it, but Calhoun did it to assist their development, and because we were blessed with good bigs: in Rudy's time, Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong, Charlie Villanueva, Ed Nelson; in Stanley's time, Hasheem Thabeet and Jeff Adrien. Most teams would do better having players like Rudy and Stanley spend most time at the 4.

UconnU

Reaction Score
And the team suffered for it, but Calhoun did it to assist their development, and because we were blessed with good bigs: in Rudy's time, Josh Boone, Hilton Armstrong, Charlie Villanueva, Ed Nelson; in Stanley's time, Hasheem Thabeet and Jeff Adrien. Most teams would do better having players like Rudy and Stanley spend most time at the 4.
But we were a better team with them than we would have been without them. If you have to promise a spot/position to land a 5 star you do it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
But we were a better team with them than we would have been without them. If you have to promise a spot/position to land a 5 star you do it.
JC had the Big East
KO didn't and DH doesn't
Different time Different circumstances Tons more obstacles to overcome
But I do like DH's determination

UconnU

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Kimani Young was the director of New Heights at the time they brought Achiuwa to the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom