Pre UConn & So Carolina Press Conferences | The Boneyard

Pre UConn & So Carolina Press Conferences

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
UConn is 1st starting at 1:10 PM. Sorry for the late posting.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Who ever is controlling the Student Microphones are doing a poor job. Couldn't hear Gabby's answer and can barely hear some of the other responses.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
This time a Columbia Reporter asks Geno what's going to be like playing against the Best Player in the Country ;)

Reaction Score
Who ever is controlling the Student Microphones are doing a poor job. Couldn't hear Gabby's answer and can barely hear some of the other responses.
Question to Gabby was, [SIC] "Is there going to be more pressure on SC as defending national champion, or on Connecticut as 'Connecticut?'" From the questions to Geno later and the ensuing discussion it sounded like her answer was the pressure is on Connecticut.

This time a Columbia Reporter asks Geno what's going to be like playing against the Best Player in the Country ;)
He took the high road with his answer, although his examples of when HE had the 'best player in the country' (Stewie, Maya, Diana) were players who IMO were a cut above A'ja's level. I would have liked it if he would have said, "Well, so far, so good" and quoted some of A'ja's stats against us the last 4 times she's played UConn.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
South Carolina : Starts at 26:42 Mark

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I need other BY's to go through the Dawn show and paraphrase. Cant do it.

Reaction Score
I sure hope she has a triple double and does not have a game like the last one against SC.

Reaction Score
Geno and Crystal were awfully chatty throughout. They were audible in the background when other players were speaking. What do you suppose they were gabbing about? At one point she said something like "That was a very special
evening."

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
How about this lead-in:

Q. A'Ja and Alexis, 12 national championships between these two programs. Does it feel kind of like a National Championship atmosphere? Does it feel like the premiere women's college basketball matchup to you guys?

Geno and I have combined for 11 national championships.

I'm not sure I follow the answer:

Q. Simple question but I don't know if it's a simple answer: How do you beat UCONN?

COACH DAWN STALEY: You've got to play the game. You've got to play the game. He's an amazing guy -- I've got to tell you this story because I was walking out after scouting UCONN yesterday, and I guess a UCONN fan, he started yelling at me, like, you know, you're -- Monday -- like giving me the thumb's up. I actually think it was a Gamecock fan and I turned around and almost give him thumb's up. So I don't know why this came to me, but this came to me.

I said, "On Monday night, you're going to believe there's a God," and that's what we're going to go with. That's what we're going to go with.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno and Crystal were awfully chatty throughout. They were audible in the background when other players were speaking. What do you suppose they were gabbing about? At one point she said something like "That was a very special
evening."

Well. later in the press conference, a reporter asked what his converstation with Crystal was. He said,

"Crystal, if you make 10 steals tomorrow, you will actually be #4 on the team"

" I always have to annoy someone. It is my nature"

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I just started watching this, but Lou looks very loose over there on the right; maybe "off the rez" loose! :eek::)

PS. Gabby's mike must be off. Who is minding the store? Wait, this is an NCAA production ... never mind.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
South Carolina comes out with 26 minutes plus off the clock! Like come out come out wherever you are ... "Olly, olly oxen free!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A'ja: "It's just another game." And therein lies the problem; she means it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Dawn: "On Monday night your gonna believe there is a God. " :eek:

Somebody buy Miss Foot in Mouth a Big KaHuna Burger or two!
upload_2018-3-25_16-26-44.png
upload_2018-3-25_16-26-44.png

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Dawn: short hand paraphrase: Crystal is better than what you see because she's under Geno's spell, but she'll be better off for it in the long run in terms of longevity at the next level. Translation: " If you'd come to me I would have let you run free! " Yup, we see how that's worked with your red shirt senior from the Bronx.

HGN

Reaction Score
Question to Gabby was, [SIC] "Is there going to be more pressure on SC as defending national champion, or on Connecticut as 'Connecticut?'" From the questions to Geno later and the ensuing discussion it sounded like her answer was the pressure is on Connecticut.

He took the high road with his answer, although his examples of when HE had the 'best player in the country' (Stewie, Maya, Diana) were players who IMO were a cut above A'ja's level. I would have liked it if he would have said, "Well, so far, so good" and quoted some of A'ja's stats against us the last 4 times she's played UConn.
J66 , yes , I agree , he took the high road.

Reaction Score
In the February 1st game, Z played 17 minutes, scored 2 points, grabbed 3 rebounds and committed 4 fouls. I don't think "THAT" Z is on the team anymore and I think we should be expecting a waaaaay better outing.
Aside from a UConn win, the way Z plays may be the most important thing to come out of Monday night, assuming an eventual game against MissState. Andy Landers--I actually think he's pretty good and turn on the sound at half time to listen to him--said it best: Z isn't the type of big who can challenge a wider body big. It's especially unfair, in this first year of Z's conversion from wing to post, to expect her to be effective against the best post in the country. I think what's fair is to see her helping Gabby and Pheesa, and, most importantly, making A'ja play more minutes, so that, if Z is in, then A'ja has to be in, too. For a finesse team like UConn, it's a question of attrition against a team with a true big post. Wear the post down....and out....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom