Pre-season Teams to Ponder - College Sports Madness | The Boneyard

Pre-season Teams to Ponder - College Sports Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Pure Madness!
Starting with Mitchell (Defensive indifferent) ahead of MoJeff on the 1st Team. Down hill from there with the exclusion of Allen of ND. Tuck on the 4th Team! Seriously? Look at where the have the three top Freshmen form Last Year- Stevens, Turner, Wilson all line up in a row. If Oregon state has two of the top ten player in the country ( Same as UCONN) they should at least be a top 10 team- Can you say West Coast Bias. Sorry MD fans but Shatori Walker-Kimbrough has not done anything to deserve to be on this list yet. Victoria Vivians Of Mississippi state is a better candidate than Courtney Walker A&M & Holmes of WV.
Rachel Theriot NEB & Leticia Romero FSU & Kelsey Plum (WAS) are all better candidates than Sydney Wiese of Oregon State or Aliyyah Handford St. Johns or Bria Holmes of WV. Adut Bulgak FSU may be the best center in WCBB & Ariel Powers is good but she is not a Center.

Reaction Score
I have just 3 quick points on the list.
1. If the list is accurate, then There appears to be great parity. There should be an explanation on how one team is so dominant.
2. The list obviously does not take in account international performances from over the summer. Two of the most dominating players over the summer were Kia Nurse and Mercedes Russell and they didn't even receive a mention.
3. Any list that has Morgan Tuck on the 4th team, Aja Wilson on the third team, and Moriah Jefferson on the second team, should just be disregarded.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Someone's smokin' some wacky tobaccky. Ruth Hamblin is an excellent player and an All -American but Ruth over Brianna Turner on First Team? And Sydney Wiese over Azura Stevens? I think the Oregon State Athletic Director made up this list.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with a lot of the selections but we play a lot of the teams with these top players so by the end of the season we will know how accurate the selections are. My biggest question with the chart is are UCONN fans the only ones who know how good Morgan Tuck is?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't agree with a lot of the selections but we play a lot of the teams with these top players so by the end of the season we will know how accurate the selections are. My biggest question with the chart is are UCONN fans the only ones who know how good Morgan Tuck is?
ND, MD and South Carolina fans should also know how good Morgan is also.

Reaction Score
Fyi they have Cooper as SEC Freshman of the year.

They are so accurate that they left Mercedes Russell off the first 4 teams in the SEC. That makes her, by their estimation, at best, the number 5 center in the SEC.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Yea, this be veritable madness and no method to't!

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
They are so accurate that they left Mercedes Russell off the first 4 teams in the SEC. That makes her, by their estimation, at best, the number 5 center in the SEC.
Since she didn't play last year I can understand. I think she will have a big impact.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Morgan is good and should probably be higher on this list. She's like a swiss army knife.. good at multiple things but not necessarily the greatest. That's not a knock on her, that's just how it is when you're the 3rd or 4th (or maybe even 5th) best player on a team full of players that can start for any elite team in the country.

This is a PRESEASON list after all, an opinion at that. No matter how many UCONN players deserve to be higher or even on the list in general, they are always going to suffer due to the fact that no publication wants to seem biased to UCONN (again, even if it's deserved) and nobody (besides UCONN fans) wants to see a list of any sort dominated by UCONN players (once again, even if it's deserved).

That's the nature of the beast. Preseason list only matter to fans. Players like postseason accolades and some don't even like those if a national championship doesn't come attached.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Fyi they have Cooper as SEC Freshman of the year.
If Cooper doesn't win SEC freshmen of the year them she would have underachieved relative to her class ranking because she is regarded as top 5 in the class & the next SEC recruit in the class is barely top 30 composite ranking.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Since she didn't play last year I can understand. I think she will have a big impact.
And yet, Diamond DeShields is second team AA on their list.
eek1.gif

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
If Cooper doesn't win SEC freshmen of the year them she would have underachieved relative to her class ranking because she is regarded as top 5 in the class & the next SEC recruit in the class is barely top 30 composite ranking.
She is the top PG in her class.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UCONN will have 4 players on the top 2 AA teams! Stewart & MoJeff on 1st team and Nurse & Tuck on 2nd team! And Tuck will make one of the AA votes for 1st team with Stewie & MoJeff!

It is the way it ought to be, but I understand there is a nomination process on at least one of the "big" AA teams and Universities etc can only nominate 3. During the NCAAs Doris Burke (?) said she thought Tuck should have been highly placed AA.

Reaction Score
Morgan is good and should probably be higher on this list. She's like a swiss army knife.. good at multiple things but not necessarily the greatest.

She has a great low post game on offense.

That's not a knock on her, that's just how it is when you're the 3rd or 4th (or maybe even 5th) best player on a team full of players that can start for any elite team in the country.

Or put another way.....Morgan is a starter on the elite team in the country and would probably be the best player on any team other than UConn.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She is the top PG in her class.
Seems like we have had this argument/disconnect (Cooper being top PG in the class) before. My take: I like Durr and Salvadores better.
ESPN'S take: 5 PG's ( Durr, Salvadores, Higgs, Lambert, Ogunbowale) better than Cooper. ProspectsNation's and your take: Cooper best PG in the class. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom