Pre Season Bracketology | The Boneyard

Pre Season Bracketology

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

Surprising to see Notre Dame as a 5 Seed. While I don't see ND getting a #1 or #2 Seed, I think they'll be better then many are projecting. I would also put So Carolina in the Greensboro region as they'll probably be higher ranked at season end then Maryland. Based on UConn being in Fort Wayne, Charlie is projecting Stanford to have the higher #1 seed. Fort Waayne is further away from Storrs then Greensboro is.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

Surprising to see Notre Dame as a 5 Seed. While I don't see ND getting a #1 or #2 Seed, I think they'll be better then many are projecting. I would also put So Carolina in the Greensboro region as they'll probably be higher ranked at season end then Maryland. Based on UConn being in Fort Wayne, Charlie is projecting Stanford to have the higher #1 seed. Fort Waayne is further away from Storrs then Greensboro is.

FWIW, last year the regional was in Greensboro, but this year it's in Greenville, SC, which is actually further away from Storrs than Fort Wayne.

I'm selfishly crossing my everythings that UConn lands in Greenville.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
FWIW, last year the regional was in Greensboro, but this year it's in Greenville, SC, which is actually further away from Storrs than Fort Wayne.

I'm hoping Ft Wayne as I'd probably stay in (my former home) Chicago and drive the 3 hrs.

I have to think ND will be placed in Ft Wayne for attendance reasons alone. Why else was Ft Wayne chosen?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Can't believe that the renowned Charlie Creme and ESPN would publish the brackets with one of the Regional sites wrong. Head bang :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

OMG, I'd take that bracket in a heart beat.

Reaction Score

Did I overlook it or is nobody going to win the SEC this season?

Reaction Score

Me also. Very close to my home in Hickory, NC!!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One thing I find interesting is that for all the complaints about the American, he has 2 teams in (UCONN and UCF) and 2 teams as the first 8 out (Cinci of all teams, and USF). Aside from the automatic qualifier from the Big East, he does have SJU and Villanova as the first 8 out... He has Depaul winning the big east...

I realize neither conference is overly strong, but it's interesting the American shows relatively well at the early bracket (all things considered)...

Reaction Score
Can't believe that the renowned Charlie Creme and ESPN would publish the brackets with one of the Regional sites wrong. Head bang :rolleyes:

Really? Creme also has 11 loss Minn as a 4 seed. Is the coach suiting up? They play a Mickey Mouse OOC schedule so if they actually get ranked at 13-16th they should hold it until after new years. And what's with the love for Maryland?

Charlie is doing his job which is to stir interest.

Reaction Score

Texas A&M a 3 seed? No way! My top seeds this early would be Oregon, Baylor, Texas A&M, and Stanford.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Me also. Very close to my home in Hickory, NC!!!!

Even closer to me in Charlotte!

I saw UConn at Duke in 2012 when I first moved down and I splurged on tickets to this season’s SC game. A nearby UConn regional site would make me a very happy camper.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score

Are you sure about Greenville. The arena here maxes out at about 10,000 for basketball.
2020 NCAA tournament schedule and locations:

DATESROUNDCITY, STATEHOST(S)FACILITY
March 15Selection SundayN/AN/AN/A
March 17-18First FourDayton, OHUniversity of DaytonUD Arena
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsAlbany, NYMetro Atlantic Athletic ConferenceTimes Union Center
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsSpokane, WAUniversity of IdahoSpokane Veterans Memorial Arena
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsSt. Louis, MOMissouri Valley ConferenceEnterprise Center
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsTampa, FLUniversity of South FloridaAmalie Arena
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsGreensboro, NCAtlantic Coast ConferenceGreensboro Coliseum
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsOmaha, NECreighton UniversityCenturyLink Center Omaha
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsSacramento, CASacramento State UniversityGolden 1 Center
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsCleveland, OHMid-American Conference/Cleveland StateQuicken Loans Arena
March 26/28Midwest RegionalIndianapolis, INHorizon League/IUPUILucas Oil Stadium
March 26/28West RegionalLos Angeles, CAPepperdine UniversitySTAPLES Center
March 27/29South RegionalHouston, TXUniversity of HoustonToyota Center
March 27/29East RegionalNew York, NYSt. John’s University/Big East ConferenceMadison Square Garden
April 4/6Final FourAtlanta, GAGeorgia Institute of Technology

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Are you sure about Greenville. The arena here maxes out at about 10,000 for basketball.
2020 NCAA tournament schedule and locations:

DATESROUNDCITY, STATEHOST(S)FACILITY
March 15Selection SundayN/AN/AN/A
March 17-18First FourDayton, OHUniversity of DaytonUD Arena
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsAlbany, NYMetro Atlantic Athletic ConferenceTimes Union Center
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsSpokane, WAUniversity of IdahoSpokane Veterans Memorial Arena
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsSt. Louis, MOMissouri Valley ConferenceEnterprise Center
March 19/211st/2nd RoundsTampa, FLUniversity of South FloridaAmalie Arena
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsGreensboro, NCAtlantic Coast ConferenceGreensboro Coliseum
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsOmaha, NECreighton UniversityCenturyLink Center Omaha
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsSacramento, CASacramento State UniversityGolden 1 Center
March 20/221st/2nd RoundsCleveland, OHMid-American Conference/Cleveland StateQuicken Loans Arena
March 26/28Midwest RegionalIndianapolis, INHorizon League/IUPUILucas Oil Stadium
March 26/28West RegionalLos Angeles, CAPepperdine UniversitySTAPLES Center
March 27/29South RegionalHouston, TXUniversity of HoustonToyota Center
March 27/29East RegionalNew York, NYSt. John’s University/Big East ConferenceMadison Square Garden
April 4/6Final FourAtlanta, GAGeorgia Institute of Technology

Is the above the men's locations? The women's final four is in New Orleans this year.

Regardless -- Future Dates & Sites | NCAA.com

Capture.jpg

Reaction Score
Twice.

2006 - UNC, Duke, Maryland (ACC)
2013 - UCONN, ND, Louisville (BE)
LSU was the fourth team in the 2006 final four. It’s interesting to note that was only final four since 1999 without either UConn or Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Megan Walker taking the next step as a scorer and Olivia Nelson-Ododa as a defensive force will also be keys to the Huskies' reaching a 12th straight Final Four.

He doesn't care enough to even get his facts wrong. It would be 13 Charlie. Very sloppy work.

Reaction Score
I thought the regionals were back in Bridgeport Ct
Thought I read that a while back..I guess I am wrong. That disappoints me.

Reaction Score
Looking over the bracket it's hard to believe that some of these teams are top 16.

But if not them then who?

Reaction Score
I'm hoping Ft Wayne as I'd probably stay in (my former home) Chicago and drive the 3 hrs.

I have to think ND will be placed in Ft Wayne for attendance reasons alone. Why else was Ft Wayne chosen?

ND or Louisville for sure will be in that region.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So...he has Tennessee projected as a #9 seed. He doesn't seem to believe a new coach will make much difference apparently.

These preseason bracketology things are laughable to me. Sure it gives people something to talk about, but it's based on no data. You can make assumptions based on previous seasons and returning or incoming players. But no games have been played. Every year some teams are better than expected and some worst than expected.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom