Pre-Chat help. Anyone who uses FireFox what version, add-ons and/or Plug-ins do I need? | The Boneyard

Pre-Chat help. Anyone who uses FireFox what version, add-ons and/or Plug-ins do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm using version 16.0.2 but I can't get the chat to work. I'm going to load Chrome, but Firefox has worked well for me for a long time.

Reaction Score
I loaded Chrome and the chat doesn't seem to work. There's a alert at the bottom of the page that says the Chat is down due to maintenance.

Reaction Score
I'm using the same version and chat has been working for me. (Are you using the link at the top of the page?) I have Java and Flash plug-ins, as well as a few other things that probably aren't relevant. If you are using NoScript, make sure you are allowing things that might be needed for the chat such as addonchat.com.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I loaded Chrome and the chat doesn't seem to work. There's a alert at the bottom of the page that says the Chat is down due to maintenance.
I'm using Chrome and it's working fine.

Reaction Score
I'm selecting the chat menu option at the top. I just get a gray box for the chat and the chat pop-up. Do you need to use the pop-up? Though neither seem to work for me regardless to what browser i use.

Reaction Score
No you shouldn't need to use the chat pop-up. Maybe try disabling auxiliary add-ons/plug-ins and see if that makes any difference.

Reaction Score
No matter what I do and no matter what browser I use the chat doesn't work and the alert message shows at the bottom of the page says that Chat is down due to maintenance. I'm completely frustrated with this. Is it possible my firewall is blocking something?

Reaction Score
I'm selecting the chat menu option at the top. I just get a gray box for the chat and the chat pop-up. Do you need to use the pop-up? Though neither seem to work for me regardless to what browser i use.
It used to work for me Stu, but work has blocked the latest plugins for some stupid reason so I can't get in either.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
No matter what I do and no matter what browser I use the chat doesn't work and the alert message shows at the bottom of the page says that Chat is down due to maintenance. I'm completely frustrated with this. Is it possible my firewall is blocking something?
Make sure your Java is up to date or if using Chrome, that Chrome is up to the current version.

I have no idea why it would say down for maintenance. That's just weird.

Reaction Score
I thought everyone got the Down for Maintenance message for the chat at the bottom of the screen. I have it, but the top chat link still works for me.

Reaction Score
FWIW I finally got in. My ZoneAlarm firewall was blocking the Chat from working. And yes, the Chat Maintenance warning message at the bottom is always there and is a non-issue. For anyone else who is having a problem, check the IP addresses your firewall is blocking and refresh your browser on the chat window to see which address keeps getting blocked and mark that address as an accepted one, or whatever the wording is. Refresh again and wallah, you'll be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom