Prayers Up for Tori McCoy!! | The Boneyard

Prayers Up for Tori McCoy!!

Reaction Score

This is very sad and disheartening to hear especially since she was due for a breakout year with Marquette next year. I had the Honor and Privelage to meet the McCoys when they visited SC and they are such a tight nit and loving family so hearing this brought me to tears!! Prayers up for Tori and family!! Hoping and Praying she gets the donor she needs to return to the court and dominate!!! ❤️

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I live about five minutes from her home. Sad to see any athlete in such distress; it’s even more impactive somehow when it happens to a local kid who is well known and respected in the community. Wishing Tori only the very best.

Reaction Score
I hate to see anyone.... particularly young person.... and particularly a wonderfully talented and good person.... be saddled with any impediment in her way such as this.... our hearts and thoughts are with you Tori ...

Reaction Score
I read that even while she is waiting for the transplant and getting regular dialysis, she is able to play basketball. I don't know whether that means practices or games as well.

Reaction Score
I'm no doctor (obviously), but I know people who have lived very full and active lives--completely normal lives--with a single transplanted kidney. She is in our thoughts that she can get one (or two) soon and with a quick recovery we could see her on the court next year.

BTW, a very good friend of mine is a kidney-transplant surgeon, and when we go cycling together, he's always pleased to see cyclists who are not wearing their helmets. :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So heartbreaking. Prayers and best wishes to Tori and her family.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
BTW, a very good friend of mine is a kidney-transplant surgeon, and when we go cycling together, he's always pleased to see cyclists who are not wearing their helmets. :)

Egads, Bags! So that’s where you got your morbid sense of humor?

Reaction Score
I'm no doctor (obviously), but I know people who have lived very full and active lives--completely normal lives--with a single transplanted kidney. She is in our thoughts that she can get one (or two) soon and with a quick recovery we could see her on the court next year.

Why is that --to allow the protein evaporate thru the hair? Or hair filtering is better than osmosis? Or he sees future customers for his profession? \
As one who pounded 40 feet of pavement with his head---anyone with out a helmet, that should be wearing one--is what they shall become--an idiot. I never partook of dialysis for my kidneys--like the actor in the commercial--I know your pain--no I don't but seeing my sister in law afterwards--it's debilitating --

Reaction Score
Why is that --to allow the protein evaporate thru the hair? Or hair filtering is better than osmosis? Or he sees future customers for his profession? \
As one who pounded 40 feet of pavement with his head---anyone with out a helmet, that should be wearing one--is what they shall become--an idiot. I never partook of dialysis for my kidneys--like the actor in the commercial--I know your pain--no I don't but seeing my sister in law afterwards--it's debilitating --
sorry for my humor, which was meant as a warning. transplant surgeons are always looking to harvest organs that are in tact. and that's usually best from people who have died via brain injuries. No, not funny really, but a fact of life. I've actually heard MDs talking on the phone....

Reaction Score
sorry for my humor, which was meant as a warning. transplant surgeons are always looking to harvest organs that are in tact. and that's usually best from people who have died via brain injuries. No, not funny really, but a fact of life. I've actually heard MDs talking on the phone....
Tis I who should apologize for lack of humor. I knew exactly what you had inferred. My helmet comment was of a personal nature---sorry, my stupidity ruined an otherwise Bag27 humorous presentation. SORRY.
When you take my ignorance seriously--we are both in trouble--SORRY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom