Practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not sure how to feel about this:

2016-10-1UConnMBB-18.0.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Christian Vital and Alterique Gilbert and Mamadou Diarra made it through the first practice.

First Ollism of the season:

"Those guys got challenged and they didn't succumb to being challenged and they found a new person inside of them. That's what we need them to do each and every day."

Best part was this though:
From experience, fifth-year senior Rodney Purvis expected a grueling first practice.
"He definitely did (set a tone)," Purvis said. "I think he was pretty upset that he beat all the guards in the Husky Run. Like he said, we were going to feel his wrath. I definitely think we felt his wrath today in practice today."

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, whenever I challenged S&C coach Travis's approaches and results - I would be told by his supporters while he may have failed the strength part - he was a conditioning guru.
Now our forty some year old coach beats all our guards in the 3 mile Husky run - what should I think?
Most of the guys were in Storrs a good part of the summer and school has been going on for a month.

C

Chief00

Lost in some of my posts - a few months ago - was my belief that we should continue starting practice at Guyer Gym. Good to see yesterday, Coach KO continuing that tradition.

caw

Reaction Score
Hard to tell from the pictures because they are action shots but Facey and Larrier look stronger.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hard to tell from the pictures because they are action shots but Facey and Larrier look stronger.
Yeah facey looks like a completely new kid

Reaction Score
Half the roster is over 6'8". Is this the year we get rebounds?

The problem is, if you play more than 1 or 2 of those 6'8 guys at once, the offense grinds to a halt.

We need the 1-2 bigs who are actually out there to have transformed into tough and instinctual rebounders.

Reaction Score
The problem is, if you play more than 1 or 2 of those 6'8 guys at once, the offense grinds to a halt.

We need the 1-2 bigs who are actually out there to have transformed into tough and instinctual rebounders.
I would guess we'll see 3 of those 6'8+ guys starting every game with Larrier, Facey, and Brimah at the 3,4,5. And with Jackson and Durham's versatility I think there's some other lineups with those guys in where we could go with a big lineup.

Just thinking out loud here but I'd like to see them go really big similar to Kentucky a few years ago and play Durham at the 3 with Facey and Brimah, similar to how Kentucky played Lyles, Towns and Dakari Johnson together sometimes (at least I think they did). Might not work but worth giving a look early in the season and maybe create some mismatches

Reaction Score
Durham, Diarra, Jackson, and Larrier have never even played in a game for us.

Reaction Score
Just thinking out loud here but I'd like to see them go really big similar to Kentucky a few years ago and play Durham at the 3 with Facey and Brimah, similar to how Kentucky played Lyles, Towns and Dakari Johnson together sometimes (at least I think they did). Might not work but worth giving a look early in the season and maybe create some mismatches

Durham is like 6'10. If he plays the three for one second I will be shocked. Far more likely they go the other way with Larrier at the four and Durham/Brimah/Facey at the five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom