Practice facility Timeline | The Boneyard

Practice facility Timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Huskieforlife

Am sure this has been posted somewhere, but does anybody know when it will be ready. Also are we going to get an egotistical look at it like kentucky:)D) ?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They're supposed to break ground in the spring and have the whole shebang ready in two years.

I'm sure we'll see the Kentucky-style ego trip, only with bigger words and less snake oil.

Semi-related note - I went to Cameron Indoor a few years ago and went into their public hall of greatness, or whatever it's called. (UConn will have something similar.)

I swear there were pictures of hugs in nearly every single display. It just banged the gong of unintentional comedy in a big bad way.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I swear there were pictures of hugs in nearly every single display.

Makes sense. Like K said after he lost to UConn, it's not about winning, it's about relationships.

H

Huskieforlife

They're supposed to break ground in the spring and have the whole shebang ready in two years.

I'm sure we'll see the Kentucky-style ego trip, only with bigger words and less snake oil.

Semi-related note - I went to Cameron Indoor a few years ago and went into their public hall of greatness, or whatever it's called. (UConn will have something similar.)

I swear there were pictures of hugs in nearly every single display. It just banged the gong of unintentional comedy in a big bad way.
Thank you..... also somebody's got to be in charge of getting our video on the 'yard. Also do you know if its going to be better than Kentucky's?

Reaction Score

The great thing about this is that you don't need to make the trip to Durham for this: Uconn's Hall of Greatness (or whatever it will be called) will also have Duke players hugging . . . with tears.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My favorite part of the Kentucky video was when Squid pushed the glass door rather than pulling it in order to enter the next room.

Reaction Score
dom said something along the lines of no timeline has been released by the school and that he expects it to be completed in 3 years

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
dom said something along the lines of no timeline has been released by the school and that he expects it to be completed in 3 years

That's not good. I'm sure getting iced out of conference realignment is hurting schedule.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

When the school reached $24M in donations, they announced that they intended on breaking ground this spring and that the facility was expected to take two years to complete.

Wasn't long ago - October or thereabouts.

None of the big pledges have been withdrawn - there's actually an article on the big $4.5M donation from the Werths' in last week's Courant.

Reaction Score
When the school reached $24M in donations, they announced that they intended on breaking ground this spring and that the facility was expected to take two years to complete.

Wasn't long ago - October or thereabouts.

None of the big pledges have been withdrawn - there's actually an article on the big $4.5M donation from the Werths' in last week's Courant.

Look we have Dom and Fishy. Do we need Vegas odds on who has the most street cred here. Any boneyard poster with 2,683 likes...now 2,684 likes has to be deferred to. Folks this is legendary status. All hail to that red snapper named fishy...:)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i would love to know why dom has different info then fishy

the school has gone way to quiet about the pf, it should be doing little things all the time to keep itself in the news. thats how u build brand penetration, different levels of fans and just overall awareness of the culture developing.

Reaction Score
Dan,

They just put out a press thing a couple of weeks ago about the Werths' contribution. Right now they are probably finalizing detail, reviewing submitals form contractors and subs and so forth, lining up insurance certificates, bonding for contractors, doing all the boring stuff one does as a prelude to construction. It really isn't the stuff of press releases, Benjamin Moore paint or Beher? Kohler faucets or American Standard? It really doesn't lend itself to public awareness at this point in the process. When construction begins that will all change and no doubt they'll have regular updates.

Reaction Score
i would love to know why dom has different info then fishy

the school has gone way to quiet about the pf, it should be doing little things all the time to keep itself in the news. thats how u build brand penetration, different levels of fans and just overall awareness of the culture developing.

Maybe Dom is spending to much time at CT's top pizza joints after reading the boneyard pizza thread???? Just a thought...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I actually found this small website that tends to give out the occasional nugget of information.

It's called ESPN.com. (Pronounced, ESS-pen DAHT CAHM) (The last two parts should be said as if you belong to a country club and spent your youth racing sailing yachts.)

Anywho, that is where I unearthed the practice facility info.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I actually found this small website that tends to give out the occasional nugget of information.

It's called ESPN.com. (Pronounced, ESS-pen DAHT CAHM) (The last two parts should be said as if you belong to a country club and spent your youth racing sailing yachts.)

Anywho, that is where I unearthed the practice facility info.

Your avatar photograph makes me think that you're an upset, depressed person. But I know that's not true and that's what I try and tell myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom