Power rankings | The Boneyard

Power rankings

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Hey! Carla’s Princeton team makes the list!

Carla Berube was an "outside of the box" hire, in the sense that she was a Division III coach, not Division I. But all she did at Tufts was win -- she won exactly 80 percent of her games with the Jumbos, going 384-96 in 17 seasons while reaching the NCAA Division III final twice, the Final Four four times and the Sweet 16 nine times, including each of the last eight.

I liken it to when Ohio State hired Jim Tressell from Youngstown State. While Tressell did not have Division I-A head coaching experience, he had won four national titles in Division I-AA. Winning is winning.

Berube's challenge will be to replace Bella Alarie, who graduates this year. Berube has signed Kaitlyn Chen, who is ranked 69th per ESPN/Hoopgurlz. And Chetanna Nweke, another signee, plays for Germantown.

If Berube is able to continue Banghart's run, there is no doubt she will have her pick of P5 jobs in a few years.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to figure out what "algorithm" is used to generate these "power rankings". Is it just an opinion (whether by multiple people or single individual) spiffied up calling it "Power Ranking". Does anybody know?

Reaction Score
We should bring her back to the fold. She might make an excellent successor to Geno.

How would we do that? She’s a head coach at a DI program. She’s not coming to UConn to be an assistant.

Reaction Score
How would we do that? She’s a head coach at a DI program. She’s not coming to UConn to be an assistant.
Granted it may not be possible, but being an assistant at the top program in the world is not something to look down upon. Anyway, I said "successor" not assistant. How bringing Carla back might be accomplished, I'll leave to the experts.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Granted it may not be possible, but being an assistant at the top program in the world is not something to look down upon. Anyway, I said "successor" not assistant. How bringing Carla back might be accomplished, I'll leave to the experts.
I thought that job was reserved for Kobe.;)

Reaction Score
Being Geno's successor is not something I would think a coach would really want. It's a no-win situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom