Potentially the 100th victory -- Marking the Occasion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Potentially the 100th victory -- Marking the Occasion

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I will be leaving home early to avoid the Exit 68 backup and will test my flashlight app to be sure it works. Not sure what I will do during the day to try to settle the butterflies, although chocolate may be involved. (Wait, does that make it worse?)

Will also get a small poster and write 100 on it, like this UConn fan. Where`s my Sharpie?

100.jpg

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
hope that you guys leaving the game tune in to the radio post game show

Reaction Score
I'll be wearing one of my many Uconn sweatshirts to work the next day !!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Now that #99 is in the books, we all know that the next game is huge, not just because it's potentially #100, but because it's against the one team remaining on the schedule that could defeat UConn> ESPN is making a huge deal out of #100, a fact that I'm enjoying a lot. Win or lose, a lot of people (who otherwise wouldn't) will know about this game and may even watch. If UConn wins, a large number of people (some of whom otherwise wouldn't) will celebrate and if SC wins, another large group (some of whom otherwise wouldn't have known about it) will celebrate.

So what do we do? At one point, before we checked travel prices, my wife and I thought about heading to CT for the game, but the cost ruled that out. But it seems that loyal fans who have stayed with the team throughout the 99 should be able to come up with some way to make the occasion, win or lose. I know the timing is difficult, at least for those of us on the East Coast. A 9 pm start is really late, u anyway..

Let me pose the question to BYers -- are you doing anything special to mark the event, and if so, what?

I'm leaving nothing to chance. I'll be watching the game in FULL dress (turban, cape etc.), and stroking my two rabbit's feet the whole time. I'll also be offering up a prayer before the game, and after each quarter, it can't hurt. :) Go Huskies.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
It's a Big Monday doubleheader on ESPN with the FSU-Texas game starting at 7 ET. Since both games are in the Eastern time zone, I guess one of the games had to be the late one.

That, and they wanted to give all of the fans, and would-be fans out here on the west coast a chance to see the game. Give them a chance to get home from work to watch a 6pm start time out here.

Reaction Score
I can't believe that this game is almost here. Honestly, after the Seven Games in December ending with the Maryland game, the season has been in a long lull. No one expected a close game between Connecticut and South Florida or Temple or Tulane. This is the first serious game in a month and a half.

So has UConn deteriorated over the past six weeks without a major challenge? Has the rest of the top teams improved with tough league play?

This is the first tough game since December, and the last tough game until the Sweet Sixteen game in the NCAA tournament.

Big Time Big Game!!!!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I shall celebrate by consuming an ice cream sandwich. Possibly two, if I get totally out of control.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
If anyone happens to live in Houston, or has never left after witnessing the Patriots' SB victory, join us at Dave & Buster's on Richmond Ave. to watch win No. 100 tomorrow night. Just look for a few tables full of folks wearing Husky gear.

Reaction Score
I'm leaving nothing to chance. I'll be watching the game in FULL dress (turban, cape etc.), and stroking my two rabbit's feet the whole time. I'll also be offering up a prayer before the game, and after each quarter, it can't hurt. :) Go Huskies.
Hmmmmmm, how are those rabbit's feet working out for the rabbit?

Carnac

Reaction Score
Hmmmmmm, how are those rabbit's feet working out for the rabbit?[/QUOTE

I only use "generic" commercially produced rabbit's feet, just like all of my other props and equipment. I get 'em two at a time. I always keep a spare just in case, like tonight. When I need to throw a little extra mojo their way.

I really like our chances tonight. We know our girls are ready to play. Geno has them EXACTLY where he wants them right now. They've still got that chip on their shoulder, and they're still not conceding anything.

Like Geno said......"We've got a chance". I really think we're all going to be smiling, grinning and fist pumping (like Tiger Woods) after the game tonight. That's the vibe I've been getting since yesterday. It's hard to win on the road, especially at Gampel. We're in a good place, we got this!! If we were going to lose, we've would have done it by now. :) Go Huskies!

Carnac

Reaction Score
I can't believe that this game is almost here. Honestly, after the Seven Games in December ending with the Maryland game, the season has been in a long lull. No one expected a close game between Connecticut and South Florida or Temple or Tulane. This is the first serious game in a month and a half.

So has UConn deteriorated over the past six weeks without a major challenge? Has the rest of the top teams improved with tough league play?

This is the first tough game since December, and the last tough game until the Sweet Sixteen game in the NCAA tournament.

Big Time Big Game!!!!

Yes, these are rough waters, but Geno has navigated them before. He knows whats around every turn. No surprises here. Fear not mateys, The Captain has his ship under full control!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Just finished a lovely dinner, in time to catch the second half of the prelim...

A freshly roasted bone-in pork
thin roasted asparagus
oven roasted potatoes
my special curried lentils with sweet potato and swiss chard (NYTines)

And a bottle Of Chateau Gaby 2011, a truly splendid Fronsac, get a couple of bottles if you can find it
It's mostly sold out....like tonight

Go Husky's

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom