Potentially the 100th victory -- Marking the Occasion | The Boneyard

Potentially the 100th victory -- Marking the Occasion

Reaction Score
Now that #99 is in the books, we all know that the next game is huge, not just because it's potentially #100, but because it's against the one team remaining on the schedule that could defeat UConn> ESPN is making a huge deal out of #100, a fact that I'm enjoying a lot. Win or lose, a lot of people (who otherwise wouldn't) will know about this game and may even watch. If UConn wins, a large number of people (some of whom otherwise wouldn't) will celebrate and if SC wins, another large group (some of whom otherwise wouldn't have known about it) will celebrate.

So what do we do? At one point, before we checked travel prices, my wife and I thought about heading to CT for the game, but the cost ruled that out. But it seems that loyal fans who have stayed with the team throughout the 99 should be able to come up with some way to make the occasion, win or lose. I know the timing is difficult, at least for those of us on the East Coast. A 9 pm start is really late, u anyway...

Let me pose the question to BYers -- are you doing anything special to mark the event, and if so, what?

Reaction Score
Well, if I watch the game live, I will be staying up way past my bedtime. Does that count?
Wish the game had the typical weekday 7 PM start time that's for sure. Why is this one starting at 9 anyway? Hope the team gets off to a USF-like start.

Reaction Score
It seems to me that we fans now are like the dog that finally caught the car he was chasing -- Now that you've got it, what are you gonna do with it? In this case, now that we've gotten to 100-- assuming the team wins -- what do you do with it? Just head on home? Treat it like every other game? Sorry but if that's the answer, I think fans have become waaaaay too jaded. Granted, it's bad mojo to plan a big deal in advance, but there really should be something to do.

For my wife and me, 1,300 miles south of the action, we still have to figure it out.

Reaction Score
Wish the game had the typical weekday 7 PM start time that's for sure. Why is this one starting at 9 anyway? Hope the team gets off to a USF-like start.
TV. TV pays the bills.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

It's a Big Monday doubleheader on ESPN with the FSU-Texas game starting at 7 ET. Since both games are in the Eastern time zone, I guess one of the games had to be the late one.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Not only will the fans be watching via television, but Gampel will be filled with fans, students, alumni and radio/television reporters. The viewing for the South Carolina vs UConn game will be higher than the UConn vs Temple game.

Reaction Score
It's a Big Monday doubleheader on ESPN with the FSU-Texas game starting at 7 ET. Since both games are in the Eastern time zone, I guess one of the games had to be the late one.
And, given that one of the games features a team from a later time zone, the fact that that team will play the earlier game means the later game has greater universal appeal. Hmmm, I wonder why that is?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Assuming the Huskies win I will do my do my best Gabby Williams impersonation by leaping in the air in celebration. At this point in my life I can probably achieve an astonishing vertical approaching 5 to 6 inches. :oops:

Reaction Score
Assuming the Huskies win I will do my do my best Gabby Williams impersonation by leaping in the air in celebration. At this point in my life I can probably achieve an astonishing vertical approaching 5 to 6 inches. :oops:
If you're going to continue bragging on yourself, I may have to report you to the mods. ;)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I am ready to celebrate in sunny Florida!

Unknown-6.jpeg

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I'm assuming I'll get home by 12:30 or so but will still be so pumped I'll probably go online to read every post here and on espn. The I'll go into work very late Tuesday.

Reaction Score
And, given that one of the games features a team from a later time zone, the fact that that team will play the earlier game means the later game has greater universal appeal. Hmmm, I wonder why that is?
Because this is THE game...they want this on tvs across the country. They don't want it starting at 4:00 for west coast fans.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Step 1. Gather Intelligence on a very interesting prelim game Fl. St vs Tx. Both teams are peaking and play at a very fast pace. Two of the best and most interesting point guards in WCBB.

Step 2. Wear every scrap of UConn outerwear available in front of the TV

Step 3 When we win, 100 M&M's one at a time.

Step 4. Extra M&M for every point in MOV

Reaction Score

9 pm is likely so the west coast audience can also tune in?

Reaction Score
Let's not get too carried away and go renting the Javitts Center in NYC like a certain .......oh, never mind, just never mind.........:):):)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom