Potential 2017 Grad Transfers.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Potential 2017 Grad Transfers....

Reaction Score
Quarterback Gage Shaffer and offensive linemen E.J. Donahue and Jajuan Dulaney are also no longer listed on Maryland’s roster. Neither is Mike Minter, a three-time all-Big Ten academic selection and starting offensive lineman who could’ve returned for a fifth-year.Several Players Leaving Maryland Football Program
Wow, Minter looks like an ideal 5th year senior plug. 11 starts last year at OG on a team that rushed for over 2500yards. Plus he is familiar with Edsall - so there is a connection.

Btw, Durkin played 15 true freshman last year at Maryland? Wow.
Mike Minter Bio

Reaction Score
If y want to feel

I understand that we don't have anybody proven, but we actually do have a lot of young POTENTIAL returning at WR:

Keyion Dixon - 6' 3'' sub 4.4 speed. Maybe the best athlete we have ever had at WR. If he can catch the ball could be a superstar.

Mason Donaldson - I know this guy hasn't received a lot of talk but go check out his hudl video. 6' 2" with some nice running ability after the catch.

Skanes - has 4.4 speed and plenty of moves.

Bryan Coney - 6' 1" 4.5 ish speed and supposedly "catches everything" per that newspaper blurb about him last year.

add these guys to the group of returning Jr's who have already played and we should be solid at WR. Not seeing the big worry here. Lets not underestimate how badly the offensive coaching staff stunk last year.
I hope they'll add an OL at this point. All the WE's in the world won'the help if the quarterback has little time. Witness last year.

Reaction Score
Good on Coach O to give the kid his full release. Doing right by the kid. Believe that means he can look around at other schools despite finishing his degree at LSU?

Reaction Score
If y want to feel

I understand that we don't have anybody proven, but we actually do have a lot of young POTENTIAL returning at WR:

Keyion Dixon - 6' 3'' sub 4.4 speed. Maybe the best athlete we have ever had at WR. If he can catch the ball could be a superstar.

Mason Donaldson - I know this guy hasn't received a lot of talk but go check out his hudl video. 6' 2" with some nice running ability after the catch.

Skanes - has 4.4 speed and plenty of moves.

Bryan Coney - 6' 1" 4.5 ish speed and supposedly "catches everything" per that newspaper blurb about him last year.

add these guys to the group of returning Jr's who have already played and we should be solid at WR. Not seeing the big worry here. Lets not underestimate how badly the offensive coaching staff stunk last year.

This post seems just a tad bit too homerish for me.

Dixon - I think we're all bullish on him and is a good prospect

Donaldson - Doubt we every see him anywhere but on ST whether that be kicking, punting or other.

Skanes - Intriguing

Coney - Good ST'er but there's nothing to indicate he can produce at WR

A lot of question marks means there is a need to be concerned. In my mind we should definitely be on the lookout for another player to supplement that position.

Reaction Score
This post seems just a tad bit too homerish for me.

Dixon - I think we're all bullish on him and is a good prospect

Mason Donaldson - Doubt we every see him anywhere but on ST whether that be kicking, punting or other.

Skanes - Intriguing

Coney - Great ST'er but there's nothing to indicate he can produce at WR

A lot of question marks means there is a need to be concerned. In my mind we definitely need to be on the lookout for another player to supplement that position.

Some guys don't get that every year the beat writers have to provide material throughout all of spring training and summer camp. With so many articles many of them eventually touch on the majority of our players and in some instances raving to the max about all the players that are tearing it up against our own guys. Is it weak competition on the other side of the uconn ball or are they really as unbelievable as the guy getting paid by hits and articles writes it. Either way its always positive stuff for the most part especially when speaking of individuals vs positional groups. Because hell who is going to over criticize 18-20 year olds on an individual basis based upon their summer ball product.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
When it comes to the staff's clear communication that they are in the hunt for a WR transfer/grad transfer, then I trust their observations. They have watched tape, they have done their homework (unlike Diaco). It maybe that a couple of these guys are really good, but maybe some are really not and so more depth is critical.

And unfortunately - as stated by the last poster - you can't really trust the news media on the subject of scouting our team objectively. Unless its completely obvious (the offensive line), they aren't going to trash these kids.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When it comes to the staff's clear communication that they are in the hunt for a WR transfer/grad transfer, then I trust their observations. They have watched tape, they have done their homework (unlike Diaco). It maybe that a couple of these guys are really good, but maybe some are really not and so more depth is critical.

And unfortunately - as stated by the last poster - you can't really trust the news media on the subject of scouting our team objectively. Unless its completely obvious (the offensive line), they aren't going to trash these kids.

I don't think the guy that got fired on 12/26/16 didn't do his homework. What I do believe is his understanding of what we had before he got there, that coupled with the improved state of the art FBS facilities that is on P5 level, was truly understated. Yeah, he did a good job adjusting the culture to fit what he wanted, but he didn't have/show the ability to coach in a live situation on consistent basis... I think he took too much of the good guy stuff to the football field... The soldiers he led followed. I'm curtain we won a lot of internal battles, turning kids into responsible men and all, but bottom line, gotta win football games too, at this level.. You don't get 5 years to suck then start winning...

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Anybody have details on a potential UCONN link to RS Sr. OG Wilson Bell from Florida State? 6'5 320lbs
He was recruited by Auburn. That was 2013 and Grimes/Lashlee came on board at that time. They were not his primary recruiter. But it's something.....

**edit - and he's following Grimes and Lashlee on Twitter.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's not a Grad Transfer, but he'd have 2 or 3 years of eligibility (not sure which since he played in his frosh year) DT QB Brandon McIlwain.. from PA... leaving USCe after losing starting gig it appears... 6' 205lbs. also plays baseball...

Brandon McIlwain, Council Rock North, Dual-Threat Quarterback

I know some don't want to overload our QB position with depth, but this kind of depth only helps us...

Would be a good scenario for this kid one would imagine... He could very well play baseball here in his redshirt football year, yes?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom