Potential 2017 Grad Transfers.... | The Boneyard

Potential 2017 Grad Transfers....

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Rhett Lashlee and Aaron Smith are both following Jeff Badet from Kentucky.

"Badet, who will graduate this spring with a degree in agricultural economics, will be automatically eligible to play at another FBS programs, per NCAA transfer rules".

What's a young man like this going to find interesting in Storrs?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"Badet, who will graduate this spring with a degree in agricultural economics, will be automatically eligible to play at another FBS programs, per NCAA transfer rules".

If only UConn had a good agricultural program for him to apply to. Damn the cruel college gods *shakes fist at the sky*

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Badett sounds Badass

The 6-foot wide receiver from Orlando, Fla., caught 31 passes for 670 yards and four touchdowns. His 31 catches were second-most on the team behind Garrett Johnson’s 39.

For his UK career, Badet had 82 catches for 1,385 yards and seven scores. He was widely considered one of the fastest players on the team and was the Cats’ most consistent home run threat.

Reaction Score
I think we need to seek help in two key spots... OL and DE...All the other positions not as much of an urgent matter... Desperately need pass rush help on D and OL, well we all know that's probably our weakest link, still...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I think we need to seek help in two key spots... OL and DE...All the other positions not as much of an urgent matter... Desperately need pass rush help on D and OL, well we all know that's probably our weakest link, still...

Perhaps you are already aware of this, here goes. Unlike Disastro, Randy & Co have actually watched tape on our current roster and Randy stated in his press conf in on the Joe & Gresh show that they are interested in a WR transfer and OL help. I can only presume they think we lack explosiveness at the WR position. I think Skanes and Dixon will be explosive, but maybe the rest are more possession receivers. Maybe the staff is just worried the WR is too unproven. The OL, anything we can do to add a more proven player for LT or a guard position would be extremely beneficial.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
John Franklin III (QB/Auburn)

Others may disagree, but now that we have 3 QBs in this class, I don't think JFIII is part of the plan. But yeah - given the Lashlee connection, anything is still possible here.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Others may disagree, but now that we have 3 QBs in this class, I don't think JFIII is part of the plan. But yeah - given the Lashlee connection, anything is still possible here.
Just throwing it out there. There's no way we would say no thank you to his services if he comes calling Lashlee after spring ball

Reaction Score
First, I don't think Franklin has said he is transferring yet. I think he intends to compete for the Auburn job in spring (and then graduate).

If he finds himself not likely to play next year, and with a degree, he then has to decide if he wants to play for Lashlee or if he can transfer to a lower level SEC or ACC school and play at a higher level.

If he does want to play for Lashlee, Lashlee has to decide if he walks into UConn as the presumptive starter, because otherwise it makes no sense. But if he will come here and Lashlee thinks he is our clear #1, I still think it will happen. It doesn't effect the frosh at all, and if BS or Pindell doesn't like it -- well, beat him out them.

I still think this is possible, but who knows.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Puppetry.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
If we end up with a batch of transfers, I'll understand why we tightened on the scholarship roll out in the current class. It could be that some of the guys we pursued late we had to chill on because the transfer options were better.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Quarterback Gage Shaffer and offensive linemen E.J. Donahue and Jajuan Dulaney are also no longer listed on Maryland’s roster. Neither is Mike Minter, a three-time all-Big Ten academic selection and starting offensive lineman who could’ve returned for a fifth-year.

Several Players Leaving Maryland Football Program

Wow, Minter looks like an ideal 5th year senior plug. 11 starts last year at OG on a team that rushed for over 2500yards. Plus he is familiar with Edsall - so there is a connection.

Btw, Durkin played 15 true freshman last year at Maryland? Wow.

Mike Minter Bio

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Btw, Durkin played 15 true freshman last year at Maryland? Wow.
That will be a good indicator for us as to how depleted our roster talent level was with FHCDB. It will be interesting to see how many true frosh see the field in the fall. Better believe HCREv2.0 won't be burning a kid's redshirt with 3 or 4 snaps in the 5th game of the year.

Reaction Score
Franklin is not a very good QB in that his passing game is weak, at best. An absolute threat with his legs, but to be a dual-threat QB, you need 2 skills. There's a reason he can't start for an O designed for a guy like him. Having said that, I'd take him.

I can't understand why folks don't think we are set at WR. Are there 1s I am unfamiliar with? Hergy is decent and should improve, but what the heck are you all hanging your hat on when it comes to creating space off the line, catching the ball, and creating YAC? There's certainly potential on the roster, but potential is different than production and our production at WR for the last 2-3 years is now training for a shot at the league.

I'd like us to add a WR, OL, for sure. I can't figure out what we need on D as I have no idea what it is they are planning for 17. If its a 3 man front, I could see Luke, Foley and Cole, backed up by Murphy, Okunam, and Stapleton/N. Williams. Having said, I'd take a S and a DE, if they're available

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I can't understand why folks don't think we are set at WR. Are there 1s I am unfamiliar with? Hergy is decent and should improve, but what the heck are you all hanging your hat on when it comes to creating space off the line, catching the ball, and creating YAC? There's certainly potential on the roster, but potential is different than production and our production at WR for the last 2-3 years is now training for a shot at the league.

Maybe the staff has watched game tape and practice tape and come away less impressed with the WR than us fans. They do get the benefit of full field footage which can tell you a lot more about WR play than regular tv coverage. Otherwise, I don't know - other than Edsall has been clear that they would like to add a WR transfer. Or maybe the staff has concerns some of the WR won't be around here this fall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom