Postgame presser | The Boneyard

Postgame presser

Reaction Score
Say what you will, but there are only so many factors to consider. Either this was an aberration, or UConn is way better than the teams in its conference but not good enough to rise to the occasion against better teams. Paige went walkabout, Shade was not calibrated, Nika won't have to wash her uni, KK and Ice comported themselves like the first-year players they are, little of this little of that.
I've only been able to watch a few games; this is one I might willingly have missed. Look for the Huskies to win the BE, then see who shows up next. Wonder what Geno really expects next year even if every key player returns (except AE). This is likely a 6 loss season.
(Love the ND frosh. When Olivia returns, they will be amazing.) Ahead there's always Caitlyn to watch.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Say what you will, but there are only so many factors to consider. Either this was an aberration, or UConn is way better than the teams in its conference but not good enough to rise to the occasion against better teams. Paige went walkabout, Shade was not calibrated, Nika won't have to wash her uni, KK and Ice comported themselves like the first-year players they are, little of this little of that.
I've only been able to watch a few games; this is one I might willingly have missed. Look for the Huskies to win the BE, then see who shows up next. Wonder what Geno really expects next year even if every key player returns (except AE). This is likely a 6 loss season.
(Love the ND frosh. When Olivia returns, they will be amazing.) Ahead there's always Caitlyn to watch.
I guess you missed the fact that Paige was injured in the first half and was playing hurt the rest of the game.
And are you saying you saw the game or missed it?
The latter could explain a lot.

Reaction Score
I guess you missed the fact that Paige was injured in the first half and was playing hurt the rest of the game.
And are you saying you saw the game or missed it?
The latter could explain a lot.
Hi, I was at the game and must have missed it - when/how was Paige hurt? I only remember the hard fall Aliyah took on her back.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Hi, I was at the game and must have missed it - when/how was Paige hurt? I only remember the hard fall Aliyah took on her back.
Geno mentioned it in his post game remarks. I thought that she accidentally fell to the floor a few times, so...

Reaction Score
You nailed it. UConn can/will romp through the Big East. They can compete against top 20 teams but they are not on par with the top 6-8 teams in the nation. To limited defensively to take out the upper echelon teams in the NCCA Tournament.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
ND played a great game. We didn’t. Period
Maybe you could see the post that I replied to, which might explain what my post meant. Or maybe not.

Reaction Score
Geno mentioned it in his post game remarks. I thought that she accidentally fell to the floor a few times, so...
Paige was poked in the eye in the first half; that’s why she was taken out of the game.

Reaction Score
You nailed it. UConn can/will romp through the Big East. They can compete against top 20 teams but they are not on par with the top 6-8 teams in the nation. To limited defensively to take out the upper echelon teams in the NCCA Tournament.
Like the other guy said- this game was an aberration. ND showed their hand and Geno will be able to make the adjustments if and when they meet again.

On the other hand Paige will be at full strength if they play again. The younger girls will learn from this experience. I don't like watching UCONN get beat like this but it's in the regular season so UCONN will be better for it.

No worries here...Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
It was an even game thru the 3rd quarter---, no?
they made shots in the 4th, and "we" /UC ...didn't-- -- -- that's it, no???

THE fun, great WHITE-OUT DIDNT
WORK-OUT, I guess...
I told Mr Mabrey, the now-UND-assistant coach's dad, post-game, who was front row behind ND bench, me in 2nd right behind, "We'll see you in Portland,....or Albany...!!!!!"...we both giggled a bit--- seems like a real nice guy--
but his lady friend(?) right next to him was incredible cheerleader--..didn't have time to tell him that or have him ID her-- jumping like 2 feet in air in front of me...with pretty brown afro, all game-- amazing-- like she was PLAYING in the darned game herself, from front row right at the bench..!
..and not a kid......(likely a fellow parent ?, clearly, as Mr M...) I joked to my seat neighbor, nice lady, "SHE PLAYS for the Notre Dame FOOTBALL TEAM!!! " --more Giggles-- and incredibly, seated, next to her, her friend, a late 60's UC Men starter- (when she ID'd him by name, I said with BIG EYES,.. "YOU MEAN......
"THE" # '××' ???," ..she checked and said yes, he said he was that exact jersey #..!!...
Just a short 53-54-55-56 years ago...-- YANKEE CONFERENCE DAYS...! ....me at 10-11-12-13 years old-- Dick Galliette doing games "in black+white" on Channel 8.....

But, ...back to ND-- You get to know these opponent teams people a bit, and....can't really "hate" em anymore,........ sportswise....and even root for em....... at times.... but maybe..."MAYBRE"...(?)...just NOT IN PORTLAND OR ALBANY !!! ❤️

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom