Posters on Tennessee message board | The Boneyard

Posters on Tennessee message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG

Reaction Score
are apparently sharing their opinions re the hypothetical scenario of UCONN in the SEC. I am not a member, but would be interested in reading their thoughts.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Storrs is technically in southeast New England. Works for me.

Reaction Score
more ridiculous than B12 rumors - our "nearest" rivals would be Ky and Vandy? Let's say we'll send FB to B12, BB to SEC, and Olympics (ex-hockey) to BigEast.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
more ridiculous than B12 rumors - our "nearest" rivals would be Ky and Vandy? Let's say we'll send FB to B12, BB to SEC, and Olympics (ex-hockey) to BigEast.
Agree but at this point I'd take whatever is offered.

Reaction Score
Yup. I wanna see Florida and LSU play a November game in temps less than 40 degrees.

Reaction Score
Yup. I wanna see Florida and LSU play a November game in temps less than 40 degrees.

You sound like FSU and conversations that might actually have occurred before the excuses started.

Reaction Score
I know some of you would love to vacation down south for every road game. They could use games as an excuse to check out New England and New York City. Win-win.

Reaction Score
I know some of you would love to vacation down south for every road game. They could use games as an excuse to check out New England and New York City. Win-win.

Fall foliage in New England.

The thing is, most of these schools are in major cities with great airports. I'm planning some Fall travel right now for work, and everything seems to be in the $400 range RT when connecting. But if you fly from Memphis, Dallas, Tampa, Orlando and Houston, you're looking at $250 to NYC and Hartford. Philly is it's own thing, one of the most ridiculously expensive airports around. But the new conference is going to have cheap travel.

Then there's East Carolina (shudder).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There used to be inexpensive flights between Philly and Groton to handle the Navy/contractor traffic. I'm not sure if that is still true.

U

UConn9604

There used to be inexpensive flights between Philly and Groton to handle the Navy/contractor traffic. I'm not sure if that is still true.

You can also fly from Tweed in New Haven to Philly on US Airways, too.

Reaction Score
You can also fly from Tweed in New Haven to Philly on US Airways, too.

Good luck w/ that... sounds great but in reality it's a nightmare if they cancel the return flight. Happened to me twice... ended up taking train back and taxi to get car. Not again!

Reaction Score
Are they saying anything interesting over there? Anyone have access?

Reaction Score
So, the ACC thinks UConn's fball program is subpar, but SEC finds it appealing?

Haha, this really makes no sense.

I think we have two options:

1) ND joins ACC fulltime and we get alternate slot (unlikely)
2) B1G expands and wants more eastern presence (lower probability than #1)

Reaction Score
Good luck w/ that... sounds great but in reality it's a nightmare if they cancel the return flight. Happened to me twice... ended up taking train back and taxi to get car. Not again!

I've had similar issues.

Reaction Score
Whether the SEC is viable is unimportant
Our best chance at inclusion is the perception
of options.
It will more likely be the result of a defensive move than an offensive strategy.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score

Anyone have access? Isn't it just fans talking?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Whether the SEC is viable is unimportant
Our best chance at inclusion is the perception
of options.
It will more likely be the result of a defensive move than an offensive strategy.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Agree. I dont' care if we're mentioned as possible targets for the PAC or even MWC. I just want UCONN mentioned whenever and wherever. We are way too much of a big fish for the little AAC pond.

Reaction Score

This might be today's mainstream thought but it is 100% wrong. CR will continue.

The Big 12 will be forced to have a championship game to be on equal status as the PAC, B1G, SEC, and (cough cough blow me) the ACC. Thus 2 more teams will move up, or Texas blows up their league. This event will be another opportunity for UConn to rise. I am 100% convinced that 4 years after UConn sits at the big boy table all the conferences that passed on us will REGRET their error.

The surge in UConn fb for the past 10 years will carry on and in 2023 our program will dwarf our geographic neighbors.

Reaction Score
If we ever wound up in the SEC the only thing to say is" well butter my buns and call me a biscuit". We are a growth stock in Football and the sooner someone realizes this the better for their conference. Our other Sports just add to the quality content. We are dead school walking.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Anyone have access? Isn't it just fans talking?
I have enough access to understand this is the Tennessee Lady Vol board where they talk about UConn all the time, and mostly in very derogatory ways. I am fairly certain there is not even a rumor here.

pj

Reaction Score

The SEC hardly needs more top football programs, in fact they might like having a mediocre team to make their schedules slightly easier -- we'll see how the playoff system works out for them. For the SEC, the attraction would be markets and money, plus basketball and other sports. It makes a certain amount of sense but the geographic distance is probably a significant negative. There's also the fact that ESPN who would have to fund the UConn-SEC acquisition already has UConn's rights for a song.

Every conference is going to have different metrics for expansion. For the ACC, football quality matters, but for the SEC, other things will matter.

It would be a great recruiting selling point to be the only SEC program in the north. At this point I'd love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom