Posters on Tennessee message board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Posters on Tennessee message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cincy and BYU, done

This might be today's mainstream thought but it is 100% wrong. CR will continue.

The Big 12 will be forced to have a championship game to be on equal status as the PAC, B1G, SEC, and (cough cough blow me) the ACC. Thus 2 more teams will move up, or Texas blows up their league. This event will be another opportunity for UConn to rise. I am 100% convinced that 4 years after UConn sits at the big boy table all the conferences that passed on us will REGRET their error.

The surge in UConn fb for the past 10 years will carry on and in 2023 our program will dwarf our geographic neighbors.

Reaction Score
Makes sense, but Warde should demand the SEC West. I want LSU and Bama every year.

The SEC hardly needs more top football programs, in fact they might like having a mediocre team to make their schedules slightly easier -- we'll see how the playoff system works out for them. For the SEC, the attraction would be markets and money, plus basketball and other sports. It makes a certain amount of sense but the geographic distance is probably a significant negative. There's also the fact that ESPN who would have to fund the UConn-SEC acquisition already has UConn's rights for a song.

Every conference is going to have different metrics for expansion. For the ACC, football quality matters, but for the SEC, other things will matter.

It would be a great recruiting selling point to be the only SEC program in the north. At this point I'd love to see it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You can also fly from Tweed in New Haven to Philly on US Airways, too.
I've used that one as well. Decent for a short hop.

Reaction Score
Agree but at this point I'd take whatever is offered.

Carl occasionally brings up the (early 90's?) Consultant's "Report" that, more or less, confirmed the validity and probability of success of the proposed UCONN upgrade. Notably, the study was performed by an individual who had formerly been a highly-placed and, most importantly, well respected SEC official.

I, like everyone else, only saw parts of the document made available to the print media. The things I most remember were, 1) The author noted that he recommends "against" upgrade in the majority of cases, and 2) He was "pro-upgrade" in UCONN's case because, and I really remember this part, UCONN was "an SEC school waiting to happen." Strong stuff from an SEC person. Who's to say? Maybe the Consultant (assuming he's still around) called someone at the SEC and simply asked, "Did you guys ever see the report I submitted on the UCONN FB upgrade?"

Of course the idea is off-the-wall. However, I'm at the point where anything related to CR no longer surprises me. Could it happen? High-probability is a resounding no way! But, if it did happen, it wouldn't even register a "WTF" on my crazy CR stuff meter. Hell, it would probably fall short of a "That's Interesting."

Reaction Score
I'm at the point where anything related to CR no longer surprises me. Could it happen? High-probability is a resounding no way!."

Like RU to B1G?

Dear Lord if UConn gets an SEC invite that would be justice; for all the traitors to be in crap conferences (ie read ACC) and old RU and UConn have the last laugh. Suck on that Chestnut Hill.

Reaction Score
After dominating football, the SEC should want to use its muscle to become a player in MCBB, where it is currently 5th or 6th best.

Will never happen, but one can dream....

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Storrs is technically in southeast New England. Works for me.

Cut to The State Of Rhode Island and Providence Plantation going "Hey!!!"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Cut to The State Of Rhode Island and Providence Plantation going "Hey!!!"
Cut back to the rest of New England saying "Shush honey the adults are talking."

Reaction Score
It's obviously not going to happen, but I would love to see FSU's reaction if UConn landed an SEC invite before they did.

Those rednecks' heads might collectively explode.

Could we really afford to give all those free cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom